exhaust jack

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 21:43
ThreadID: 77505 Views:2497 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
now have 3" exhaust on the cruiser hdj79 rv ute and went to use the old bull bag only to find pipe attatchment too small. is there any adapter available or do i need to manufacture one?- not beyond me , but too lazy!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fab72 - Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:16

Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:16
Hey Phil... I take it you probably lashed out a few bananas for the new exhaust. Am I right?

Would it be too much to ask to go back to the exhaust mob, explain your predicament and get them to mandrel stretch a 3-4 inch length of pipe that will slip over your 3" and tapper off to fit the bag?

I'd say a gentle reminder of the dollars you spent might see you come out of it pretty cheap. Worse case scenario, buy a tray of donuts from the local supermarket for the boys in the workshop and I bet they'll be happy to help.

Failing that, 3 inches is roughly 75mm which is a standard off the shelf size for stormwater fittings. Have a look at your local hardware store and I'm sure that you will find a 75mm to 50mm reducer that you could even cut off at the desired diametre. Similar to this one..... http://www.stormplastics.com.au/thumbnaillarge/stormwater01.jpg

FYI... and don't laugh, but I made my first ever snorkle out of 75mm storm water fittings painted black. Money was tight when I was in high school. LOL
AnswerID: 411923

Follow Up By: Fab72 - Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:38

Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:38
Actually, this shows what I was on about a bit clearer
http://www.aymroo.com.au/stormwater_files/reducers.jpg
FollowupID: 681927

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 11:50

Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 11:50
I did away with the exhaust fitting and made up a simple schraeder connector so I can inflate the bullbag with a tyre pump.
Never needed to use it in anger though - it now lives in the shed. I'd rather take a high lift jack.
AnswerID: 411934

Reply By: Member - Phil F (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 10, 2010 at 20:06

Saturday, Apr 10, 2010 at 20:06
Thanks for hte assistance/ solutions but as I said I can probablly manufacture adapter since I work in an engineering workshop. Just have to get of my butt.
Was just hoping the makers of these accessories might have thought of this scenario and provided alternatives. Exhaust wasn't any greater expense than a standard replacement system and I have raised its outlet to above tyre height within the wheel arch so only in deep wate is it immersed. We drive a 2002 Land Cruiser RV ute with camping canopy on the tray.
AnswerID: 412435

Sponsored Links