Campomatic

Submitted: Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 20:32
ThreadID: 7795 Views:5516 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anybody out there own a Campomatic camper trailer and how do they find it. Any price info would be good too.
Cheers
Andi
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ross- Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 22:37

Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 22:37
One of my brothers has had a Campomatic for quite a few years and they are very happy with it. It does have one of those fancy suspensions which will leave you well and truly up the creek if it craps itself out in the bush. Parts have to come from Melbourne he told me recently.

We have just purchased a camper trailer ourselves and looked very closely at them but didn't go there for a few reasons.

1.Rosco
AnswerID: 33668

Reply By: Member - Ross- Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 22:37

Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 22:37
One of my brothers has had a Campomatic for quite a few years and they are very happy with it. It does have one of those fancy suspensions which will leave you well and truly up the creek if it craps itself out in the bush. Parts have to come from Melbourne he told me recently.

We have just purchased a camper trailer ourselves and looked very closely at them but didn't go there for a few reasons.

1.Rosco
AnswerID: 33669

Follow Up By: Member - Ross- Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 22:45

Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 22:45
Bloody computers..... now .. if I may be allowed to continue...

1. Had trouble coming to grips with the price $10K for a 10 year old second hand.

2. They have very limited storage space.

They certainly look flash and bro is very happy as I said but we decided to go with a soft floor type as it suited our requirements better ( that's the main criteria in any decision, right?)

Ended up with a brand spanker hot dip galv, heavy duty (read bullet proof) electric brakes, off road hitch etc etc for $9K. Suits us to a tee.
But as I said it's horses for courses and bro is happy with his.Rosco
FollowupID: 24189

Reply By: Member - Lex - Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:46

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:46
I own a Campomatic Ranger M3 and couldn't be happier with it. The suspension is brilliant off road and is almost bullet proof.The only thing that could fail are the dampers which are easily replaced on the road. The unit is dust proof not dust resistent which many soft floor campers are.Heaps of storage particularly the top of the camper which acts as a large roof rack.Tows easily and the factory backup is in my experience excellent.Sure it cost $23k; but resale on all campers is better than on the vehicle towing it.But like most things in life the individual must decide his/her personal priorities and then decide how much they are prpared to outlay either financially or emotionally on anything. You makes your choice and take your chances
AnswerID: 33689

Reply By: Member - NOBBY - Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:50

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:50
I own a Campomatic Camper Trailer and could not be happier with it. I'm not to sure why you would have to get spare parts from Melbourne because they are made in Beenleigh (QLD). They are about the same as the Kimberley and Aussie Traveller.Buy them new and they cost a fortune ( what does'nt), but there are some very good ones around second hand. We have been on the beach with ours several times and it tows perfectly. I think Campomatic hire them out so give them a ring 07-3287 2431. Mine cost me 12k for one that was three years old but in perfect condition. Same as the other two new, around 25-30K.
AnswerID: 33690

Sponsored Links