That Feeling You Get

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 00:58
ThreadID: 77978 Views:1976 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
First and foremost, To all the Diggers, past, future and present, the heroes and the fallen, the brave and the tough a great big thankyou. Words cannot and will not ever be able to express the gratitude and respect that our Diggers earned.

The sacrifice they made will always be remembered.

What i would like to say, and/or ask is, That Feeling You Get when you hear the Last Post played on the bugle. Its the greatest feeling that one could possibly feel. The hairs that stand up, the eyes watering, im sure every sense in the body is going berserk, its a hard feeling to describe but im sure you all get it. Its at that moment that i feel proudest to be an Aussie, and im sure the Kiwi fellas feel proud to be Kiwi aswell. What the Anzacs did for us, is beyond all comprehension. And they remain my biggest heroes, for now and forever.

Remembered always, THANKYOU and God Bless You all.

LEST WE FORGET.

Regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cruiser .- Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 08:04

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 08:04
LEST WE FORGET
AnswerID: 414183

Reply By: Member - David C2 (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 09:26

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 09:26
Well said, I couldn't agree more. I think that one of the best ways to show our internal gratitude for the enormous sacrifices made by these men and woman,is to enjoy this country of ours that they all fort so hard to protect. Maybe when we are out there in the bush somewhere or on a sandy beach a quick reflection as a reminder of just how bloody lucky we all are.

Lest we forget

Dave
AnswerID: 414184

Reply By: Baz&Pud (Tassie) - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 09:27

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 09:27
Yep agree, set the alarm last night, and went to the dawn service this morning, cool with a fresh zephyr blowing, but it was pleasing to see so many there, young and old alike, and it was obvious by the hankies that were being used that people were affected.
Went to the local RSL Club for a diggers breaky, and was amazed at the number of young ones there wearing medals, and proud to do so.
Cheers
Baz&Pud
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 414185

Reply By: Steve and Viv - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:15

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:15
To right.. Love the last post or the sounds of it.

Muntoo. Did you go the the service this morning
AnswerID: 414203

Sponsored Links