Linville to Benarkin rail line

Submitted: Monday, Feb 25, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 782 Views:1421 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm planning a weekend trip in a fortnight to the Seven Mile Diggings via the old Linville to Benarkin railway line. A friend did the trip eight months ago and said that a local cocky had strung a fence accross the path and he had to detour a couple of k's. My mate suggested the possibility that the old line may indeed be completely fenced off by now.

Has anybody done the trip reciently who could give me a more up to date info on access.

Thanks in advance Cracka
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Russell - Thursday, Mar 07, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Mar 07, 2002 at 01:00
Hey Cracka! Obviously not many know about this line. Can you let me know how you went as I know where you're talking about and I hope they haven't closed it off!
Cheers!
AnswerID: 2316

Follow Up By: Cracka - Sunday, Mar 10, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Mar 10, 2002 at 01:00
Gidday Russell,

Stop worrying the line is still accessable. You can't get on at the station anymore as the line has a fence over it not far from the station. Just keep on past the station and old timber bridge over the old line, over the crest of the hill. There is a sawmill fifty metres ahead on the left. Turn onto the track to the left BEFORE the mill. Seventy metres later you'll find a gate and a sign. Through you go and shut the gate behind you. Two hours, twenty photographs and a whole lot of fun later you'll turn up at Benarkin. As a track difficulty rating I'll put three and a half fourby's on it.

Cracka
FollowupID: 838

Sponsored Links