Billiluna WA

Hi
We are heading up the Canning end of May, just wanted to know if anyone can tell us if the Fuel supply (unleaded) is reliable at Billiluna? Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 16:00

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 16:00
Like most communities it can be a problem sometimes if the person responsible is not around. Mulan (just to the east of Billiluna) has fuel and a store and welcome tourists. Balgo further east again also has fuel. Balgo/Mulan also have good Next G coverage.
The communities all have opal rather than unleaded these days. It is just unleaded with the additives that give you a high when sniffed removed.
AnswerID: 416281

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 16:16

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 16:16
Also there is an unusual method of payment at Bililuna - or there was last year. You will need to buy a fuel card which comes in preset amounts (from memory something like $20, $50, $100) so first you have to work out how much fuel you are likely to need, then do the sums. Then hope that the pump doesnt stop before the repuired amount is delivered into your tank.... Fuel (petrol) seemed OK though.

Cheers,
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 686404

Reply By: labrenii - Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 08:25

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 08:25
Thanks for your replies guys, it is really appreciated and certainly helps to have the info before travelliing - Wish us luck!!!
AnswerID: 416498

Reply By: Shaker - Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 09:06

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 09:06
We called in there last July & it was like a ghost town, we only managed to come across one person that wouldn't talk to us, lucky we didn't really need fuel. We only really stopped because I have a policy of never driving past a diesel pump in the outback, it also helps to spread the dollars around a bit.
AnswerID: 416503

Sponsored Links