jayco hawk pop top canvas cleaning

Submitted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 11:12
ThreadID: 78869 Views:10263 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi we have just brought ourselves a jayco hawk pop top. well it says its a hawk on the paper work but it has waht looks like a dove on the van itself ??
Anyway we are wanting to clean the canvas it is very dirty and has mould stains on it. I understand that the mold stains are there to stay but the rest is just very grubby inside and out. Has anyone go any suggestions on how to clean the canvas ? and will i need to recoat with a water repellant after i cleaning. I have read loads of posts and people are saying to use bleach and clod water ? i'm a bit worried about using the bleach .. The van looks great other than the canvas i hope some one out there can give us some advise.
cheers thanks woodsa
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 11:38

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 11:38
Try this EO Advertiser that was in the latest EO newslatter

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 418644

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 13:13

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 13:13
Read thread 54080 as the answers were written buy a guy with many years experience in the industry. Bleach is the right thing to use on mould; if you read the thread it will even tell you how much to use etc.

I followed his advice and it worked wonders on our camper.
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 418652

Reply By: woodsa1974 - Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 18:02

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 18:02
thaks heaps for your replies. I have looked at the links you both have offered. I found heaps of info from some of the threads but nothing really directly dealing with cleaning canvas. I will keep looking as i am also going to redo the inside walls . they are very dirty and in need of a sand back and a new white wash. thakyou though and i have heaps of thread surching to do ! cheers guys jayne (woodsa)
AnswerID: 418673

Sponsored Links