Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Found by search the forum for "Gas Fridge" and "Second Fan"

HTH

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 423634

Follow Up By: Member - Norm H (QLD) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:03

Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:03
thanks kev for assistance

cheers Norm
FollowupID: 694113

Reply By: Member - Keith C (NSW) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:46

Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:46
Gday Norm,this is what I did, I got a frig fan with a thermostat from Caravan Accessories and a sheet of 25mm styro foam, then removed top and lower external vents and glued the foam to the inner wall of the van in the frig space to narrow the void between frig and wall,this makes a better flue effect.
I then stuffed as much insulation around the sides and top of the frig as I could.
I mounted the fan to the floor on a bit of rubber to stop vibration,and connected the wires to the 12v junction block,it cuts in and out as needed, mount the fan as close to the condenser as you can. I also have a computer fan mounted to the inside of the top vent sucking out, its wired to the thermofan as well. I have wired the frig direct to the van battery with 6 b&s cable, fused at the batt.,.It all works well on hot days. Hope this helps

Regards Keith .
AnswerID: 423637

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 14:39

Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 14:39
Hi Norm,

I asked our local RV repair man to do just this for our 184 litre Dometic 3Way fridge only a few months ago, as it used to run very hot. When he pulled it out he discovered that the insulation around it hadn't been done and the problems we were having were due to that and failure to vent it to the outside. In other words - faulty installation of the fridge.

When he fixed this he said it was not necessary to fit the 12v fan and we have recently returned from a trip as far north as Cooktown with no problems. The fridge no longer heats up the pantry cupboard next to it and kept its temperature constant regardless of the temperature and humidity outside. We ran it on gas (for up to 8 days at a time) and 240v while we were away, as well as 12v when travelling between camps, thermostat constantly set on 3. I keep a fridge thermometer in it to check that the temp is below the safe zone so as to avoid food poisoning and spoilage of food.

I also had the wiring checked and it was all replaced wih heavy duty stuff direct from the tow vehicle when running on 12v, rather than going through the smart charger.
Maybe you dont need to fit the fan after all if you check it out. If not, I am sure some other person on EO will be happy to give you the information necessary.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 423651

Reply By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 16:19

Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 16:19
Hi Norm
The site below may help.
Fitting a Fridge Cooling Fan

Cheers
Neil
AnswerID: 423661

Reply By: Member - Norm H (QLD) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 23:27

Sunday, Jul 11, 2010 at 23:27
Thanks for all info received,

regards NORM.
AnswerID: 423718

Reply By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 09:02

Monday, Jul 12, 2010 at 09:02
Hey Norm,

How is the fishing? Got any metre barra ?

I have been over in Leonora - got over 2 oz gold in two weeks, came back and went to French Open and Wimbledon with my wife.

Willie
AnswerID: 423743

Sponsored Links