I have checked the archive re-lockers

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 22:36
ThreadID: 8015 Views:1215 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
OK.... As i said in the subject line i have checked the archives and have read 50% of one answer and 50% of the opposite answer.......
I was wondering what lockers air and loc-rite lokker behave like in sand.... ½ of the people said the loc-rite tractored badly in sand and the other ½ said that the air lockers did also...
Before i use mine i just wanted to know can you turn in soft sand whilst the front wheels are locked and you are driving hard?????????......
or is it best to have them off???????/_____________________________________________

Reply By: Willie - Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 22:41

Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 22:41
Voxson,

You should have bought a G60.....no need for lockers in the sand....just power along in 3rd low......anyway the lockers costs about the same as the G60 :-)

When are you dropping in for a cuppa?

Cheers,
Willie

Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 34791

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 22:42

Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003 at 22:42
You will still get 50/50 answers now.

Save your coin, and go ARB's you wont regret it.
AnswerID: 34792

Reply By: Member - Kim (mr) - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 00:12

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 00:12
voxson, I've got air lockers in the front of my gu, and i've been in the sand once, and we tried it with the locker off then on just to see the differance. we got a lot futher with them on, the front slid straight on a bit but nothing to bad. There thats my two bobs worth.More drive'n less talk'n
AnswerID: 34801

Reply By: Tony - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:34

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:34
Now there is sand driving and then there is sand driving.

In desert sand ie Canning where you have to turn at the bottom of most of the dunes and there is quite a lot that have turns on the way up, I found that it was better with rear diff lock only as the front seamed to dig in to much. (this is going from N to S).

Where as on beach sand ie west coast of Tassie and driving in a straight line with the front and rear diff lock in made for better traction.

So I think it boils down to, rear onty in most cases where you are turning a lot.
AnswerID: 34813

Reply By: Matt M - Friday, Oct 24, 2003 at 08:43

Friday, Oct 24, 2003 at 08:43
Voxson, as said you will still get 50/50, but if you like my two bobs!! I have been on Stockton beach with the exact same vehicle as mine (actually there was three of the same) both with rear LSD and my open front centre and the other had a front auto locker! The auto locker could do anything the open centre could do, turn, power up the dunes and even turn at the top. Yes there is a different steering feel, but he still could go higher and harder than mine with the open centre! Both these rigs are 1750kgs, so pretty heavy in the sand, we are ot talking Sierras, so its pretty relevant to most REAL 4wds!! (no offence Im an ex Suzi owner, who never needed lockers)
Goodluck witht he purchase but either way you go the performance will be outstanding!
AnswerID: 34945

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Friday, Oct 24, 2003 at 21:58

Friday, Oct 24, 2003 at 21:58
Thanks for the replies... I was asking my question so i could understand what is going to happen before i use the ones i already have installed which i have never used...
I have another question....

Can air lockers be turned off whilst flat to the floor blasting up a sand dune???????
And turned on again????????????_____________________________________________

Sponsored Links