Information on Reynolds River in Lichfield Nat Park

Submitted: Friday, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:53
ThreadID: 80257 Views:2396 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Gang,

Friends of mine are going on a 8 week trip up to Darwin and are going to cruise around and have a good look at this great country of ours. (Lucky Sods)

They would like to know if the Reynolds River at the southern end of the Lichfield Nat Park is currently crossable and do you know anyone that has done it and how, deep and wide is it normally compared to now.

They are in a very capable 4wd and are very experienced drivers with a 6.5 chev in a GU Patrol (Yes it used to be a 3ltr that went bang). They are also towing a Kimberly Camper and are well equipped.

thanks in advance if any one can help me with this

I just wish it was me going on this trip,

Thanks again,

David Will
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mmm.ribs - Friday, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:47

Friday, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:47
G'day David.
Yes Reynold River opened last week and is definately passable. I was talking just last night with a friend who drove this track last weekend in an old Nissan Patrol. There were approximtely 7 crossings in total, the deepest nearly bonnet high.
He said he met a few others along the way who also had no issues.

That's about all I know I'm afraid.
AnswerID: 424993

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon NT - Saturday, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:50

Saturday, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:50
Hi David

As said, heard it opened last week, it really is a spectacular drive which few of the people who visit Litchfield bother to do. Surprise creek falls on the Reynolds track is open also and is well worth a look, might pay to only swim up the top though ?The camping in Litchfield is generally quite poor with the exception being Sandy Creek Falls campsite.

Cheers Lyndon
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 695574

Sponsored Links