Thumbs up for LightForce

G'day all,

Thought I would I would share with you my experience with the LightForce 240blitz. Its not often you find fantastic products with fantastic service.

Purchased some not long ago, was a bit hesitant with the price tag however they turned out to be worth it. Had them mounted on my bullbar, protruding to some extent. When North of Broome (James Price Point) I hit a cow doing 60km/hr (for those that know the area, its a strange place to hit a cow.)

When in the car recovering from the shock of what had just happened I thought to myself, 'well no more spotties!' but after getting out of the car realised they were in better shape then the car hehe.

One of the housings on one light did break a little on one side, however after explaining the story to LightForce they have provided me with a new housing, free of charge and put the story on their site. Here

I have put this on another forum, and I am in no way trying to sell or promote these guys however I thought it worth sharing to those interested, as I had heard of thier reputation for toughness, but wasnt to sure how it would stack up against a cow.

So if anyones after a set of driving lights, I highly recommend the lightforce range.

Cheers all,
Tom Sherrell

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Muntoo - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 20:30

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 20:30
I agree, hit many things with my lights and never harmed them. (240 Blitz)

I sold my lights to a mate and somehow they managed to turn black. Lightforce paid for them to be sent back, and sent out a full new light, with new covers and HID globe. He said moisture had gotten in, and thats what turns them black. No questions asked, just a straight up full replacement.

Thats what i call great customer service. No way would Narva or Hella do the same.
AnswerID: 425686

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 21:21

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 21:21
I have to disagree. I have a set of Narva 225's which I cracked the housing on. I contacted Narva via email, recieved a call back from them and a Narva rep came to my workplace with replacement housings no charge, no questions. plus he gave me all of their latest catalogues.
No affiliation just thought they also deserve a good wrap.
FollowupID: 696305

Reply By: ian - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 21:43

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 21:43
Tom,
I met a vehicle on Ann Beadell Hwy last year with new lightforce lights.
Corrugations had snapped the mounting brackets, so I wondered about the strenght of the brackets.
ian
AnswerID: 425696

Follow Up By: offroad_tommo - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:15

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:15
Ian,

Certainly wouldnt expect that as they are so light. Perhaps it had something to do with how they were mounted? But like everything I guess there is a 'fauly bunch' but perhaps LightForce would have replaced them?

The mounting brackets on mine didn't even crack after the impact, and I had them done up pretty tight.

Tom

FollowupID: 696267

Follow Up By: pmk03 - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 21:45

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 21:45
I have the 170's & Mine broke on the Borefield rd on the way to Roxby Downs. The road was very corrugated. Both broke at the same spot, at the threaded extension at the back of the reflector. (The bit that screws on to the lampholder) I'm yet to talk to Lightforce about this. I had no problems with the mounting brackets themselves.
I too thought the light weight would prevent them form breaking on rough roads & they have been great up until now...... Maybe age affects the strength of the plastic.
I had other heavier lights & destroyed them on rough roads where the Lightforce had no problems up until now that is.

PMK
FollowupID: 696307

Reply By: Wilko - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 22:49

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 22:49
Hi Tom,

I agree that the lightforce are one of if not the best driving light going around but I'd rather the 170 purely cause it fits in to the rather tight amount of room most bullbars have now days.

Ive had a 170 spotlight for 18 years and has had its fair of knocks and lost a bit of its black paint/coating but she still works well and could possibly go another 18 .

Cheers Wilko

AnswerID: 425701

Follow Up By: offroad_tommo - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:21

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:21
Hi Wilko,

Couldnt agree more, I was originally after the 170's, however somehow left with the 240's, must have been that salesman....

I didnt like the size of the 240's as I thought they were asking for trouble, being to big and bulky and would break easy, however seems not.

If I get another set I would go for the 170's as I think they are an appropriate size and fit nicely in the bullbar.

Tom

FollowupID: 696269

Reply By: Roach"ee" - Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 23:19

Thursday, Jul 29, 2010 at 23:19
Jeez, they sure do make fast cows up that part of the country....the best I've ever seen was a cow doing 40k/h......hahahahaha
AnswerID: 425705

Follow Up By: Charles Jenkinson - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:15

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:15
I must admit, I never saw a cow up at Price's Point when I was up there last year... Favourite camping spot of mine... Camped there 7 or 8 times on weekends with friends and family.

Sorry to hear about the animal strike, but envious of you for being in such a wonderful part of Australia.

(The generosity of Lightforce is also amazing...)

Charles

Gracie "The Grey Ghost"
1991 Toyota Landcruiser GXL (HDJ80R)
4.2L 1HD-T Turbo Diesel
358,864 km and counting
FollowupID: 696254

Follow Up By: offroad_tommo - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:11

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:11
Roachee,

haha, yeh I dont think it was a fast cow, just a teleporting cow, as its not there one momment and then there the next.

Dont think these cattle had seen a car before as the way they ran out of the bush really shocked me. Usually they walk, stand their ground and just watch you comming.

Charles, we go there every year, I wont go anywhere else, well until this Gas project begins...

Tom

FollowupID: 696266

Follow Up By: Charles Jenkinson - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:20

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 13:20
I know... It will certainly be a shame. I did quite enjoy Manari as well.Quondong had a few too many generators for my liking.

I had a spot about 500m north of the point, with a clearing that overlooked the beach. In the morning, especially if the tide was high, we would wake up to a hot cup of coffee with the crystal blue water seeming to pass under our feet.

We found a 4m long piece of drift wood on the beach one time, and with a few sets of muscles (and a tow rope) managed to get it back to camp. It burned for four evenings, but was useless for cooking! Good for keeping warm, though...

Only one bad experience there - some young idiots from town brought a marquee down there, with some very large speakers and a generator to power them. We arrived as they were setting up (just at the base of the northern side of the point - near that natural boat ramp), not seeing that they were in for a hard evening. They were good enough to let us know that they would be playing loud music - one of them drove over to us in his ute, and did a few circles on the way, throwing red dust all through our camp and car. We relocated about 10 km north in a hurry. When the wind died down at about 02:00, we could hear the steady thump of their bass even at that distance.

Perhaps I'll bump into you up there, prior to the hub going in! (If I make it back up that way again before it happens.)

Take care,
Charles
FollowupID: 696268

Reply By: Shaver - Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 03:01

Friday, Jul 30, 2010 at 03:01
Yes they are good light ! I have had a SL 170 & SL 240 for shooting. The problem is that if the O Ring twists or perish then water will get into the light & as said will stuff the reflector. Lightforce will usually come to the party. Having said that I have a set of Narva Ultima 225's D/ Lights which are very comparable at half the price including Loom.
AnswerID: 425708

Sponsored Links