Diesel smoke

Submitted: Monday, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 809 Views:1919 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I could not buy "Chem Tech" last week and so got some "Morey's". Smokes worst than ever now. chem Tech seemed to keep it under control to some degree. Does anyone have the solution to the smoke screen behind my GU 2.8 Nissan?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve Campbell - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:00
I would suggest that rather than additives which mask the problem, you go to a good deisel tech and get the problem solved. Black smoke is unburnt fuel, and the two biggest causes are injectors(by far the biggest cause) and injector pump out of adjustment. Get you injectors checked first...and your motor should have a new lease of life.
AnswerID: 2285

Reply By: Ken - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:00

I agree with the above comments but also be aware that the RD28 motor in GU patrol is an efi with electronic controlled injector pump 'fly by wire' throttle and many sensors and senders on the engine, an engine management diagnostic may also be required. Regards Ken.
AnswerID: 2286

Reply By: Rex - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:00

Carefull you are not using chep diesel fuel.

The no namers are using imported fuel and produces less power, burns more fuel and smokes like a wet fire !. Diesel fuel seems to vary a lot, even amongst name brands
AnswerID: 2288

Reply By: mark - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:00

Jim,I hate to say it but I reckon your problem has been self inflicted.If you have been using fuel additives you have probably disintegrated the gasket in your diesel pump , reducing its pumping pressure and the efficiency of the injectors.Chem Tech is a very strong solvent which dissolves resins etc from injectors but also attacks rubber seals. check the top plate of your diesel pump for any dampness. rectify this and change filters regularly and use good quality brand name fuels and your smoking problem will improve.
AnswerID: 2296

Sponsored Links