Jumbuck Camper Trailers

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 04, 2003 at 21:14
ThreadID: 8313 Views:10515 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I went to the Outdoor show at Gosford on the weekend to check out some camper trailers.

I was pretty impressed with the kit from Jumbuck (newcastle, nsw). They seem to have put quite a bit of thought into it, especially their canvas work.

I also liked the use of rollout drawers to get into the trailer space.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: bruce - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:23

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:23
Yes ..had one of those..bought it in 1996 I think it was , good product...if you are in the one spot for a few days , if you are on the move , like travelling around oz and moving a lot they can be a pain ..we took off on our trip and after putting it up and down 37 times in 4 1/2 mths we traded it in at Perth and bought a used 15ft poptop van...dont get me wrong...it was a good product , actually a very good product...just horses for courses or if you are starting to get older as we are...a little less work and a bit more comfort is the go...cheers
AnswerID: 36272

Follow Up By: Lyds - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 15:09

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 15:09
We're actually looking at these things to reduce the time we need to unpack /pack our tent setup. NOt so much the tent, but all the other stuff (bedding, kitchen, etc).Cheers,
Stuart
FollowupID: 26187

Follow Up By: bruce - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:07

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:07
We had the annexe and awning supplied with ours for around $7000 back then...we got the time to put it all up down to about 30 -40 mins...to just get it ready to sleep in only takes about 5- 10 mins..it had a slide out kitchen , the annexe and awning was held on with velcro...very strong , carried a tinnie on top , a large galvanised box on the front held a 15hp o/b motor , gas bottle , life jackets and any thing else we fit in...I built compartments in front and behind the mudguards for a small geny , ropes and guys , battery ..for the time that we had it we enjoyed it greatly...cheers
FollowupID: 26273

Reply By: flappan - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:40

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:40
I have been researching campertrailers for just on 2 years . . . without doubt in my opinion the Jumbuck trailers are the best campers I have come across. The workmanship is absolutely first rate. That unfortunately comes at a cost. Their base offroader started at about $7000 (from memory), then an awning is optional (not standard). All up, we wanted a 16ft tent plus awning etc . . . was going to cost $12000 If I had $12000 would have had no problem in buying it. Because we didn't have that sort of money, we bought a Trailer to very similar specs from Simon Heard Canvas in Shepparton for $7000 . . . .

I have a mate with a Jumbuck (for about 5 years) and loves it to bits.

At the end of the day if the money side is OK, you wont be disappointed by the Jumbuck.
AnswerID: 36275

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 21:30

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 21:30
Lyds as others have said see if you can hire one for a week end and see how the family fits into it .It may cost a bit to hire a few but then you know. We have had a few different brands away with us in the cape mainly the well known brands . It amazes me how well they go and last .
All the best
Eric
4x4 tag alongs to the cape
www.capeyorkconnections.com.auCape York Connections
AnswerID: 36340

Follow Up By: Lyds - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 16:19

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 16:19
Hi Eric,

Unfortunately Jumbuck don't do hires.
Cheers,
Stuart