Jackeroo remote door openers ( keyless entry)

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 16:34
ThreadID: 8325 Views:5248 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Did someone mention they had been able to get remote door openers cheaper than the absurd price that Holden wants? I was quoted over $400 for one but I am thinking that for that price I can get a whole new remote keyless entry with alarm with a 3 year warranty & remotes that cost about $40 each to replace. I have seen the identical item advertised on US sites for around $40 US but I was told by my Holden dealer that they would not program it unless I bought it from them. If anyone has a solution I would be pleased to hear it. It's a 92 T/D Jackeroo with a 2 button remote. I have tried a learning one from Jacar but because of the rolling codes they only work once... good try though I thought!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: LT - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 17:03

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 17:03
The remotes are available on Ebay from the states for next to nothing.
I have a link that tells how to do the programming yourself (pretty easy i think)
I will try to find the link at home tonight and post it, or else just search google for Isuzu Trooper Remote Programming.

Re-programming Keyless Entry on '98-'02 Rodeos and Troopers
'98 - '02 Isuzu Rodeo and Trooper (with factory keyless entry)
Instructions for programming
1. Get in car and make sure all doors are unlocked.
2. Open driver's door and leave open.
3. Put key in ignition.
4. Turn key to 'on position' (dash lights on, but do not start) and back to 'off position' 3 times in 5 seconds or less. (you must turn the key very fast)
5. Close and open driver's door 2 times in 5 seconds or less.
6. Turn key to 'on position' and back to 'off position' 5 times in 5 seconds or less. (turn key very fast)
7. Close and open driver's door the doors should lock and unlock twice after this happens push the lock or unlock button on the remote, doors will lock and unlock. Push the lock or unlock button a second time and doors will lock and unlock again. You are finished!

The above sequence erases all previous codes and adds the new code as #1. If you are adding a second remote, you should follow the same sequence with the exception of step 6; instead of turning the key to the 'on position' and back to the 'off position' 5 times in 5 seconds or less, do it 3 times in 5 seconds or less and then continue to step 7.

***Remember to turn the key to the on and off position very fast.

Not sure if this is the same for a 92 model

Cheers
AnswerID: 36312

Follow Up By: Rick Blaine - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 17:09

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 17:09
Thanks for the prompt reply....it's a 2002 model If I can get an extra remote cheap as chips then it would be a worthwile excercise. If the programming does not need the Hoden computer to do the Job then they have made a false & misleading statement. Im really annoyed with them... they charged me $200 to fix a problem that they caused I was subsequently reimbursed but it was the principle of the thing. Ok I'll hunt around and await your link. Thanks
FollowupID: 26201

Follow Up By: LT - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 17:22

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 17:22
Rick

Link

http://www.isuzu-suvs.com/howto/keylessentry.html

No responsability taken for accuracy of info in link

Cheers
FollowupID: 26205

Follow Up By: Russell [Pajero] - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 19:46

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 19:46
And I thought $90.00 for a spare mitsubishi key with transponder was excessive.

Viva Pajero ;-)

Regards to all
FollowupID: 26223

Follow Up By: Rick Blaine - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 20:34

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 20:34
I have checked on Ebay and the remotes they seem to be selling are all 3 button types. Mine is the same shape but only has 2 buttons... the panic feature is not there. Do the 3 button ones replace the 2 button ones?
Rick
FollowupID: 26227

Reply By: TonyT - Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 19:56

Wednesday, Nov 05, 2003 at 19:56
Rick If you have the time I'd like to hear your experience of the TD to date- I'm looking at trading the V6Jack for one- they seem to be pretty well priced - big drop from new (what's new about that) Many thanks Tony -anthony309@ozemail.com.au
AnswerID: 36331

Follow Up By: Rick Blaine - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:26

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:26
Tony, I realy like the T/D Jack....the only problems I have had was the theft of one of my remote door openers but thanks to this forum that problem has been solved. The other problem I have had relates to the apparent incompetence of my local Holden dealer who put the wrong oil in the engine and caused major starting problems... it took 3 goes to get the problem, simple as it was, to be resolved then they had the nerve to charge me $200 to rectify their own error.. Iv been reimbursed but only after the threat of legal action. But the Jack itself has power...heaps of it about 118Kw tows my 18 foot Jayco as if theres nothing there.. Im not sure if I should let the overdrive engage when towing..it's comfortable & size for weight economical. Would I buy another? well you cant get them anymore, been discontinued and if you buy second hand make sure you get one that has a build date after jan 2001 as major seal problems were rectified after this date. Parts were expensive but Jackeroo World has genuine parts at about half the price that dealers want. Before I bought I test drove all the others diesel 4x4's on the market and the onther one that I liked was the Landrover disco....but I was warned off by stories of many lemons... Good hunting
cheers
Rick
FollowupID: 26275

Reply By: Glenos - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 00:13

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 00:13
It was ME!
I bought a remote from the US on ebay, cost more in postage and transactions fees then the remote.

The instructions above worked for my may 98 jackaroo, I got a three button remote from the states it works fine except the orange "panic" button does not work.

Very easy to program took me 15 minutes total including reporgramming my existing remote.

Do a search for my post here and you will find my previuos comments.

Unfortunately the remote only opperates the door locks not the immobiliser it is linked to the key. makes the keys very $$$ $400 to program the key.

Glenos
AnswerID: 36357

Sponsored Links