It just wasn't meant to be! Another used car story!

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 17:48
ThreadID: 8346 Views:2291 Replies:21 FollowUps:24
This Thread has been Archived
Walked into Maddington Auto Wholesale in Perth today ready to part
with $18000 of my hard earned cash on the 94 Jackaroo Monterey
and it's not there! Damn it's sold allready, so I thought.
Walked into the office and asked "where's the monty"?
Oh it's in Busselton (~300km from the yard!).
Whats it doing there I asked.
Oh...we let the mechanic take the family for a holiday for 5 days.
A well known spot for 4WDing and fishing on the beach!
And would prob add 1000km when they have finished there little adventure.

Said to the missus, lets go, not taking any of this bleep , it's a bad omen
and wasn't meant to be! The owner started with the BS...oh we didn't hear
back from you, thought you weren't interested. The mechanic would look after it
BS BS BS BS!!!!!

F'ING SPEWIN'!

Seriously...would anyone still buy the car after knowing that? I wouldn't.

And that was Maddington Auto Wholesale if your every in the market for a
REALLY USED CAR.

STILL SPEWIN'

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jeff-wa - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 19:32

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 19:32
Just my opinion and I don't know the rest of the story, sure I'd be upset but really let's be honest, most used 4bies have been on holidays somewhere with the family four wheel driving and fishing, why not use it to your advantage and ask for more of a discount on the jack for the extra k's and the inconveinance?
AnswerID: 36435

Reply By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 19:42

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 19:42
Jeff

The Dealer basically said that there is no way he'll go below $18K, nothing in it for him and he says in another couple of weeks he'll put the price up to $22500 cause he will be inundated with country folk looking for 4WD's at xmas time and he'll be able to sell it no problems. Again BS BS BS!!!

These things happen for a reason so I am trying to calm down and move on.

He knew that I was interested and I told him when the money will be available plus left my b/card with him so if he doesn't want to sell the car he can shove it you know where!

cheers
AnswerID: 36436

Follow Up By: jonny knowalittlebit - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:01

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:01
Not to mention how many people dont look after cars properly knowing full well its not theres and itll go back and be sold to some random sucker (not calling you that dogart).
Guy
FollowupID: 26316

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:17

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:17
that's my concern exactly.
I don't know if this mechanic gives a bleep
or if it's a case of make the most of it while you have it my son!...enjoy

FollowupID: 26323

Follow Up By: Member- Rox - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 22:43

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 22:43
After 31 december ALL cars age 1 year...... Cheeper ??????Have 4WD will Explore
FollowupID: 26337

Follow Up By: Member - Paul - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 15:19

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 15:19
Gday the old "drive it like you stole it " adage comes to mind. F**K them. Bought my Patrol from Jeep/Chrysler in Maddington they were OK.
Cheers and cold beers.
Clarky
FollowupID: 26433

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:01

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:01
lmfao......mate that happens in all yards ...staff all take cars for some reason or other holidays included .....dont be too concerned about it because the mechanic will actually look after it...........bs you say ...no i say because all staff in yards sign a little piece of paper that says damage is at there own expense and the jab is usually about 2 grand and i know when ive taken fourbys out of the yard that ive looked after them because if i wreck it how am i gonna sell it and ive had yard cars all over the east coast on hols on and off road i put one ding golf ball size in a 100series once and it cost me 1200.......pity it wasnt in a spot where dent busters could get it... obviuosly you looked at the car
previously why didnt you buy it then???.......why didnt you sign a contract and put five hundred down on the car when the salesman pressed you.....your not telling us he didnt press you......OH you procrastinated....typical 4wd buyer....hmmm i would like a dollar for every bloke who walked away from me when i showed him a good truck at the right price ......because he just couldnt get his head around the fact that it was a good thing at the right price.....even when ive given him the truck for the day so hes had ample time to check the mechs out show the missus and ive given him drug money for the trade and guess what he comes back the next day its sold.........and i love telling em its sold too.....
bet you came up with one of the three standard excuses to walk away the first time......1 missus has to look at it..2 have to speak to my bank. 3 i have another car to look at.........sound familiar
the used car that you looked at today and are thinking about tonight is the same car that another bloke looked at yesterday and he thought about it last night
get the picture!!.......personally im getting a bit sick of opening the forum and having blokes slag car dealers..... where not all p****s you know....im writing a book about how to overcome the fear of making that purchase decision chapter one .......if it looks good drives good and the price is right buy it.......maybe you should read it
AnswerID: 36438

Follow Up By: Shaker - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:12

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:12
Hear hear! Couldn't have aid it better myself, although he did leave his bankcard as a sign of good faith.
I spent 17 years listening to all the reasons that you listed .... but in an instance like the one above I would ahve given the mechanic a different vehicle for his holiday.
FollowupID: 26309

Follow Up By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:20

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:20
yeah your right there and why even if the boof head had given it to the mechanic did he tell the head that.......... some salesmen have no brains
FollowupID: 26310

Follow Up By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:24

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:24
if he would have come to me......he would be posting today about how he just nicked a monteray of this bloke......he would be picking it up next week.
FollowupID: 26312

Follow Up By: Martin - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:26

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:26
He left his business card Shaker not bankcard .... big diffference!!
FollowupID: 26341

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:29

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:29
sorry it's a business card!...thanks martin
FollowupID: 26342

Reply By: Member - Tim&jan - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:05

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:05
good on ya i wouldnt of bought it ,when i bought mine they were runnin around in it i spose because it is a ute. But that fact made me more incline to buy it anyway plenty more around try action moters or joe crisafio is were i bought mine side steps steel bull bar thrown in.gu bush basha
AnswerID: 36439

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:07

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:07
why would he drop his price.........monterays are like rocking horse poop mate ....
know your market .......he will sell that truck no probs if not to you then someone else....you can take that to the bank......as i siad you should have bought it last time
AnswerID: 36440

Reply By: brian - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:20

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:20
What are you winging for its a free market you had and still have your chance up to you to get off the pot and make a decision And hey dont have a go at the dealer he told you the truth knowing what it could do to the sale,respect him for telling the truth.
AnswerID: 36443

Reply By: friar - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:27

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:27
DOGART
there is a saying in our neck of the woods I think it applies
here that car salesmen are unemployable people
Friar
AnswerID: 36445

Reply By: Member - Eric- Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:33

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:33
Sorry to say but , why whouldnt he give it to his mechanic ? Ok so you walken in , said I want this car , dont sell it i'll be back tomorrow , you turned up the next day as promissed , car wasn't there . OR WAS IT Hi mate your car is to expensive , ill come back when the price drops . The car now has 1000 more KMS . the previous 100 000 didnt kill it , the last 1000 did . Last week a young bloke came in to look at a 180 sx , said staight out , I love the car , I only have this much , can we talk buisness ?? I checked the figures and the deal was on the money . He asked me to take him to the bank with the car , since he didnt want it sold to anyone else. I laughed and told him to take his time , was back in 15 min with the deposit . I have had 5 people want it whilst it sat waiting for Reg , so we gave the young bloke all the numbers just incase he wanted to sell it for a quick buck . Bottom line , know your market , sellect your car , you like it , its on the money , buy it . We sell 10 cars a week , in a month we sell more cars than you will own in a life time , do you think you can pull one on us ? I prased this young bloke , more sence than some adults . I dont want to bag you mate, put look at your own line of work , when some one comes in to you and is straight up , you bend over backwards for him . I do consider this though , there are alot of bad yards around the country , you walk in , you see straight through them and you walk away . Venus Bay
AnswerID: 36447

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:43

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:43
dogart my boy im gonna tell you how to buy that car and still make sure that its in as good nick when you get it as when you saw it last..........what you say bs what if the mechanics flogged it im not buying a car unseen you say...
ok..... in the contract will be a section F ...in that section it allows for special conditions to be added to the contract......go back to the dealer tell him you want it and that your worried about the condition..re the mechanic etc etc.....tell him you will sign up for the car as long as he puts these words EXACTLY in the section F of the contract " purchase made subject to a satisfactory physical and mechanical inspection of the vehicle by the purchaser " this will give you a get out of the contract even if the mechanics put one little scratch on it.........the dealer will probably make a lot of niose about this because he knows its a get out but ignore it .....if the dealers genuine and the cars right he will do it..if he wont do it then the cars not right and hes trying to stick you with a sh** box ......when the car comes back go right up it if your not happy pull the deal by law hes gotts give you back the deposit under these conditions
love from me to you.......see where not all p***ks are we......
AnswerID: 36449

Reply By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:57

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 20:57
cheers for the replies for and against my way of thinking!

I spoke to the dealer last week and made my intentions clear.
Was to the point, said the money was coming through next week which
is the fact, and I'll be intouch. Didn't want to bleep in his pocket with maybes and BS.

I have to look after myself too so I though I'd have more bargining power
when the money is in the bank and I can make an outright offer then and there,
write out a cheque, take it or leave it senario.
Showing that I was keen and offering a deposit shows him that I will pay what he wants not what I want to fork out...get my drift!
I was willing to take the risk that if the car was sold so be it.
As i said, a week ago he told me that $18 was the limit and it was going up in price
in a couple of weeks, I didn't believe his BS and said I'll be intouch.

The money came through today and within an hour we were down there all ready to
pay for the car. No checks no BS make an offer take it or leave it.

I am well aware that cars are taken home for the night or maybe the odd weekend,
but to let it go for a 5 day holiday is taking the bleep big time.

And I am pretty sure that this yard doesn't have any bits of paper thet the mechanic would sign saying that if ya scratch it ia fix it. bleep , the car wasn't even tuned for possible sale. Took a few goes to get it started and when it did it blew a fair but of
white smoke. Wasn't even washed, nothing.

When I calm down I might put tongue in cheek and call him up tomorrow and basically
tell him if he wants to sell the car get the F&$%#ing thing back up here today before
his mechanic can practise his 4x4 skills over the weekend.

AnswerID: 36453

Follow Up By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:06

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:06
so you want to buy a car that dosnt start and blows smoke i wouoldnt beback by popular demand
:-)
FollowupID: 26317

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:13

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:13
it reads worse that what it is!!!
have driven it and it was fine...last week that is! ;-]
FollowupID: 26321

Follow Up By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:15

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:15
that wont work .....if you go back there with that all smart and smug he will walk you...that means no sale ...remember hes got a car that he can sell .montys are like gold .wish i had the thing on my yard i could sell it tommorow do it the way i said .....then your bum is covered.....dont be a smart a** be nice and calm and do what i say
one thing to remember as eric said we do it more times in a month than you do it all your life....we deal with smart asses every day most blokes think they know more about cars than the dealers do.....you do it my way and you will be in control all the way through the deal because the last say of whether the deal goes through or not will be yours
FollowupID: 26322

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:25

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:25
mudgutz
I know what your saying, I'm just still hot under the collar and the principle of the whole things is what'sbleepme off the most.
I know it would not be in there best interest in abusing the car but hey you never know.

I'll may ring him and say I'm still interested and to give me a call when the car is back from holidays.

Can I expect a reduced price for the hassle and extra km's in your honest opinion, being in the trade?
FollowupID: 26325

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:37

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:37
Well I have seen two things today that I have only seen once before in my whole life - honest car dealers. Dogart, take a leaf out of mudgutz and erics books. They could not have been any more up front with you. Good on you guys and more power for having the consideration to offer such advice. Eric, when my daughter wants a car expect a phone call, mind you the OTHER honest car dealer lives just down the road from me, luxury indeed.Laterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 26326

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:46

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:46
I agree totally, thanks for the advice eric & m'gutz.
I am but only a little grasshopper oh master!
Eric has helped me out before with great advice,
I wish he was here in Perth.
FollowupID: 26327

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:42

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 21:42
nah i dont think you will do any better for the inconvenience and 1000ks as was mentioned before wont kill it cause the first 100000ks didnt.......tell us about the car
its a 94 jacky monterey kms? transmission? colour? fuel type? rego how much? is there anything to be spent around the car tyres? dents? rips upholstery? has the car had a whack that you could pick eg piant off bolts for gaurds/bonnet overspray anywhere or piant mismatch however slight any where on it? rust? .....because there seems to be a few dealers that read this thread maybe boys we could give him a whole sale price and a good retail price just to see if hes gettin the right kind of deal
AnswerID: 36463

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 22:12

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 22:12
Have done this before but will post info again.

1994 Monterey petrol auto 150542km (when I saw it last!)
white, rego till 01/04
interior is spot on, no rips,
leather steering wheel has no signs of wear
needs the spare replaced as it's bald, rest of tyres have ~ 6/8 months left
needs front rhs suspension work (why the spare is so bald)
really bad shudder at 100km/h
needs wheel alignment
needs good service and tune which is due in another 1500km going by the service sticker.
the LHS front passanger door has been re-skinned due to
1st owner accident. This door now has rust in inside bottom front corner.
Poor job on re-skin and the weld will need to be scraped out and redone
for my liking. Rusty patch on lhs front pillar near windscreen.
(have had a quote to fix all this up properly $450)
rear bumper brake/indicator light assembly is broken ($189 new from holden)
The dealer is aware but not willing to make any adjustments for these.

I managed to speak to the 2nd owner and got a rundown on the history.
Have printouts from holden for the last 12 months of service history.
april this year...@ 143000km's
aircon condensor erplaced
auto tans cooler lines replaced
(this was done after the 2nd owner had a prob with auto trans
line coming off and pumping all the fluid out. fluid was basically replaced
straight away. holden checked it and said all ok. I checked the fluid when I
had the car last week and it's as pink as with no indication of filings at all)
power steering box & pump was leaking and was fixed
cv boots replaced
timing belt done at 119000km's
new belts and a few new hoses
new battery just before traded

2nd owner got $16K as trade in on a new car at a ford dealership

any help appreciated

FollowupID: 26331

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 22:20

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 22:20
for more details about the auto look here

http://www.exploroz.com/forum/View.asp?ForumQID=7925
FollowupID: 26333

Reply By: Stadoobie - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:12

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:12
Rite

You say :- "Talk to the hand assho#$" ........"IM OUTTA HERE -MATE"

He says:- "no ..but wait"

You say:- "go and do yourself" "its no wonder your selling cars"!

End of story... NEXT
(plenty more cars in the sea)

CHeers
AnswerID: 36476

Follow Up By: Stadoobie - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:16

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:16
in other words i feel your pain and its healthy to be angry and a little bleep y.. however my response above is all ment to appear 'your in control' approach and to use at your own discretion

cheers again
FollowupID: 26338

Follow Up By: ross - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:52

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:52
Stadoobie I couldn agree more.I lay my cards down and if the seller dont like them I walk, no emotion and no looking back for one more glance at a car.
Its also far better to have your finances sorted out 1st
FollowupID: 26345

Reply By: Martin - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:32

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:32
Next time you see a car that you want to buy, either sign a contract or pay a deposit. You can't expect sellers to hold a car just because you looked at it. A one week holiday isn't going to wreck it either you know. But don't be too worried because $18000 is FAR too much for a 9year old Jackaroo!!!!
They say most car purchases are emotional situations and your post is full of emotion with very little cool consideration of facts!!
AnswerID: 36479

Follow Up By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:39

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:39
1994 HOLDEN JACKAROO
UBS Wagon Monterey 4dr Auto 4sp 4x4 3.2i (Jan onwards)
V6 130kw

average kms 170,000 - 210,000
trade in price guide* $12,500 - $15,100
national average price - private sale* $14,500 - $17,800
price when new (RRP) $65,585

below average km's for the year
has electric everything,abs,cruise control, cent locking,
7 seater, sunroof, 10 stack cd, reece tow hitch
bull bar, side steps, front fender bars, spots

pretty good value for money if ya ask me.

don't want to buy a 98 SE that has most of the above for it
to depriciate by $8-$10K in 12 months!
FollowupID: 26343

Reply By: Member - Eric- Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:56

Thursday, Nov 06, 2003 at 23:56
Just a little tip, when your in the market , it dosnt matter if you have the money today or next week , if you want to do a deal , they will listen , they ask , are you ready to buy , not is the money in the bank . You could have done the same deal if your money had come through already or not . All you need to say is , I am ready to purchase on the right deal , and yes , I can purchase today . Purchsing today means you can put a deposit and sighn up. When you sighn up , tell them to put the delivery date when it suits you to pick it up . Make sure they give you a copy of the RWC , if anything is doggie there , you can go to Road transport athoroty direct . This make Mechanics sh*t themselves . If it blows exesive smoke it wont get a RWC anyway , they will have to fix it . I didnt read the vehicle specs , but remeber this enything over 10 years old and over 160,000 kms means no statutory warranty .Venus Bay
AnswerID: 36487

Follow Up By: dogart - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 00:07

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 00:07
here in Perth they give you
road worthiness is not manditory in WA
you only take it over the pits if it's out of rego
or you get pulled by the cops for some bad stuff
and get a yellow or red sticker on the car.

3 months & 5000kms if its
1oyrs or under & 150000kms or less

1 month & 1500kms if its
between 10 - 12 years old and 150 - 180000km's
FollowupID: 26347

Reply By: jules - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 11:57

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 11:57
Welcome to the club Dogart - I got well and truly caned when I had a gripe about "car salesmen" - a real can of worms opened up! I wonder if each and every one of the posters have bought brand new, never been ripped off etc - suppose I will get some flak from this too - oh, well I have big shoulders!
AnswerID: 36512

Follow Up By: mudgutz - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 17:02

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 17:02
gee jules we wernt caning him just trying to educate him a little
and i know plenty of people who have been ripped by a car dealer.....
thats why it pays to do your home work , know the market , know what your looking at or take someone who does.
i will say this though if you get ripped off its your fault really .....you made the decision to buy it......and you always can walk away from a lemon
i wonder is there a business op out there for me ......looking at fourbies for potential buyers and haggling the crap out of dealers ......would you pay me a fee to make sure you dont get ripped off next time????
ive been doing it for family and friends for years for nothing
silly me i should have been charging

FollowupID: 26367

Reply By: dogart - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 12:09

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 12:09
don't get me wrong, these guys have to make a living and I can understand that they deal with pricks like me everyday, but what I experienced was just a bit over the top. I understand that cars are taken home for the night and on weekends.
But to let one out for a 5 day fishing holiday when I told the dude last week that I'll be back this week with the moola and have given him my business card...well that IS taking the piss!

We still want the car and a jackaroo monty with those km's etc is a dime a dozen. Might still go back and hagle a bit next week and see what can be done, but will expect a bit of a better deal now that this has happened.

Eric & m'gutz have been great and as I said before I wish they were in Perth, I'd be buying off them no probs.
AnswerID: 36513

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 16:34

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 16:34
Buy car off Muddy or eric , fly over for look, drive or stick car on train home, odds are will still be in front on the moola......Life is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
AnswerID: 36536

Reply By: mudgutz - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 16:34

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 16:34
just looking at what you say 150000kms good ks for a nine yo caralong with a few nice bolt on goodies bar steps etc etc .....the fact that you have to put a tyre on .a taillamp. and fix the front end somewhere....as well as a bit of the dreaded iron worms due to a whack which you said wasnt to bad but you were not quite happy with the rust the way it was (as i wouldnt be either with rust)means shelling out a grand maybe 1500 to make it a good thing
i would say that 18 is probably too much try and bust him some more .....if the car was 18 with no spend its about right but it seems about a grand to 1500 too dear
try and bust him some more.......disregard the fact that the previous owner got 16 for the trade as you dont know how much profit the car he was buying had in it and it is common for a dealer to take some of that profit and put it on top of the wholesale value to make the trade in look bigger.....
i reckon wholesale value 12-13 grand
retail value 16-17 grand for that car
what do you other blokes reckon its worth given his description
AnswerID: 36537

Follow Up By: dogart - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 19:43

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 19:43
m'gutz

still thinkin about going in on tuesday when the monty is back from holidays
and offering then and there drive it away for $17K. Might even try $16500 after what you've posted.

"throw me a frigin bone here, I'm the boss, need the info"
...Dr Evil

thanks for the info m'gutz much appreciated.
and yes I would have paid a fee for your services to get the best deal.
can you do interstate deals???
FollowupID: 26374

Reply By: Member - Luxoluk - Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 20:19

Friday, Nov 07, 2003 at 20:19
Have you considered engaging an agent to act on your behalf? There are real experts out there who for $500 or so will locate you a vehicle of your choice from the trade side of the equation rather than retail. Just get it checked out by a reputable mechanic/motoring organisation before handing over the reddies. No time to procrastinate or haggle however! Good luck.
AnswerID: 36552

Reply By: dogart - Monday, Nov 10, 2003 at 17:49

Monday, Nov 10, 2003 at 17:49
Decided to go in and make an offer on the Montie.
Started at $16500 and left it with him at $17000.
He still tells me that with xmas and all coming up and
the influx of country folk looking to buy he'll be able to
sell for $19000. Also reackons that if he put an advert in
the weekend paper for $17990 he'll sell it straight away.
still a load of BS!
I left him my b/card (again) and told him to contact "me" if
he's interested in selling the car.

see what happens!

cheers for all the input especially m'gutz and eric (again)
I might have to start looking interstate, $400 return flight from Perth
and about $800 to transport 4WD back might just be worth it!
AnswerID: 36753

Reply By: dogart - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 04:03

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 04:03
Well the deed has been done!
Purchased the Monty today for a bit more than I was wanting to part with,
but at the end of the day it's what we wanted and they don't come up very
often (the Monterey version that is), has all the bells & whistles
that will make it an absolute pleasure to drive.
It's actually in better condition than I first thought after going over it even closer
when we got it home. Been driving it around (smooth as!) showing it orf to friends
and family and we are happy that we did go ahead with the purchase.
Those that we have showed it to can't believe the condition and features for
it's age.

WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!
cost me $17900!
sold the old jack for $1800 privately! so doesn't seem too bad considering,
look at it as same as trade in so the end price you could say...$16100!!!
one way of looking at it I spose!

cheers
wolf
AnswerID: 37114

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:13

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:13
Well congratulations. You know the saying...good things never come easy! Maybe that's why you had to suffer through a bit of hearthache.

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
http://www.users.bigpond.com/flatdog
FollowupID: 26870

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)