Someone who knows about the 2h motor

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 22:30
ThreadID: 8411 Views:1592 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings,

I am looking for a diesel mech who knows about the 2h motor in Adelaide. Last night I was driving to Deep Creek conservation park when very loud rattling sound came from engine compartment. I immediately pulled over and stopped the motor and slept were I was last night. This morning I got a tow into Yankalilla and a mate came down with some tools. We looked at the valve train and checked the valve clearances and found nothing obvious. Then we took the glow plugs out and turned the motor over and still found nothing out of the ordinary. We put it all back together and started the motor for a brief moment and the loud rattling sound is still there. I want to take it to a diesel mech in Adelaide who knows his old Toyotas and is trustworthy so any good advice would be apprieciated.

Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - ADRIAN- Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 23:51

Sunday, Nov 09, 2003 at 23:51
check injectors undo one at a time see if noise goes. injectors can make a severe knock . other wise could be a piston ring braking up and a peice has found its way to top of piston very common in late 2h, if this is the case the engine can be driven without any problem to place of repair freind of mine drove his l/c 2h 4000km
befor he had it rebuilt.
AnswerID: 36704

Sponsored Links