hard floor trailer

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 842 Views:4539 Replies:9 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have decided on a hard floor camper trailer.I have seen the campomatic and kimberly Kamper. I like both of them. Does anyone know of any other models - perhaps not so expensive
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: andrew - Friday, Mar 15, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Mar 15, 2002 at 01:00
Joe.During last Caravan and camping Show at Sandown (VIC) there was a hard floor camper trailer called i think "Bushranger". It was sold
by Caravan dealer from Warrigal in Gippsland .The price was around $10000.I will try to find more info on this. Andrew
AnswerID: 2392

Reply By: Ross - Friday, Mar 15, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Mar 15, 2002 at 01:00
Joe
There are other models that look simialr to the Kimberley and Campomatic. In the latest Overlander magazine, for example, there is an article on a model called an Aussie Swag camper that looks to be exactly the same principle, with a slightly different layout for kitchen, etc.

We own a second hand Kimberley (6 y.o, bought for $15000, but in very good condition). The Kimberley and Campomatics are both so robust that its hard to go wrong in the second hand market. Very little wears out except the obvious like tyres, and canvas prob. needs replacement every 10 years or so, depending on use. I would advise that if price is an issue, go second hand with one of these. Ours just constantly surprises me, which is what you would expect with something that costs so much new.

Regards
Ross
AnswerID: 2395

Reply By: Neil - Saturday, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:00
Joe, Go to your newsagent and buy a copy of the Australian 4WD Monthly magazine, there are numerous ads relating to camper trailers. I recently went through this exercise and ended up with a soft floor trailer, mainly because of price and also with a soft floor model i can decide on the size of the floor and not be restricted only to hard floor space.
AnswerID: 2399

Reply By: luke - Saturday, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Mar 16, 2002 at 01:00
joe i have just returned from the caravan and camping show inPerth and there are quiet a few on the market now depending on the amount of people the hard floor types are more suited to two people one of the ones that really impressed me was the T-van16 the price is a little cheaper then the Kimberley you can have a look at it at www.tracktrailer.com

REGARDS LUKE
AnswerID: 2401

Reply By: Nigel - Sunday, Mar 17, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Mar 17, 2002 at 01:00
Cape York Trailers in Cairns make a hard floor model, don't the price offhand. Remeber though that you get what you pay for. We recently bought a campomatic. We were able to reduce the cost a bit by leaving features that we didn't want, and then we spent the money we saved on other features that we did want :)
AnswerID: 2414

Reply By: Mike - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2002 at 01:00
Joe, we settled on a Kimberley, because of the quality. The 'T-Van' looks greatbut our kitchen & annex are I feel a lot better to use. The Aussie Swag was also good, but the kitchen is powder coated instead of stainless, and not as large as ours. (The salesman also put me off) Campomatic didn't even bother to send the info they promised. We went for the hard floor, as we will be travelling for about 4 months, later this year & don't wish to be stuck somewhere in the wet with puddle on the floor. So far after a couple of shorter trips, I am more than happy with our choice. By the way, most of the good hard floors are within a couple of thou, and you definitely get what you pay for. Happy trails, Mike.
AnswerID: 2434

Reply By: Rob - Sunday, Mar 24, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Mar 24, 2002 at 01:00
There are a few others around. Have a look at Sugar Glider, Camperoo & Aussie Swag.
AnswerID: 2492

Reply By: Doug - Monday, Mar 25, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Mar 25, 2002 at 01:00
In 1996 my wife & I went around the edge towing an on-road Cub Kamparoo, complete with 10" wheels. This was behind an ordinary car. It went great for over 40,000 kms. We decided on an upgrade, so now have a Cub off-road Supamatic. So far we have towed this for another 40,000 Kms, and it has been terrific. Beware of outside kitchens, unless you want to share your food with the flies, or have it washed in the rain. The Supamatic is slightly larger than the Kamparoo which we find is great in bad weather. The Kamparoo has the same size floor area as the Kimberley, the Campomatic and the rest. We wouldn't swap our hard floor camper for a soft floor ever!!
Have a good trip.
AnswerID: 2502

Reply By: robert sanderson - Wednesday, Mar 27, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Mar 27, 2002 at 01:00
A great site to browse is http://www.rv.com.au/homeframeset.html
Rob
AnswerID: 2523

Sponsored Links