Gun club members

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 17:21
ThreadID: 84759 Views:3203 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, Is it true that if you become a member of a gun club you can use their facilities around Australia to camp in for a small fee? If so this would be useful in the event that there were no caravan parks or free camp sites.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 17:56

Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 17:56
Hi Newbies,

I'm a member of 3 different "shooting" clubs and none of them allow camping unless there is an event on at that venue i.e. a 2 day clay target event or similar. Other clubs may have different arrangements so I will stand corrected if that if the case

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 447240

Reply By: Mick O - Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 17:58

Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 17:58
Given that most gun clubs lock their facilities and access is usually gated and locked, I'd reckon it would take a fair bit of organising and ringing around. Why don't you give the Sporting Shooters Association a ring and ask them. I'm pretty sure they'd be able to provide you with some appropriate information.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 447241

Follow Up By: Member - Joe F (WA) - Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 18:28

Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 18:28
G'day Mick

I am using your reply page to answer the "Gun club members" Forum post by newbies ~ I trust you won't mind.

Gun clubs such as the Newman Gun Club hold a "Campers Carnival" on an annual basis and it is about the only time camping on the Club grounds is allowed, it has a lot to do with insurance cover and safety/security.

Yes its a long way of saying ~ no.

Mick if you have time take a look at the images posted on the Australian 4wd Action ~ magazines Forum page.

Titled "Bit wet around Newman" and "So much water" by BMKal ~ aka ~ wannago4wdn.

He has two posts about the recent floods in and around Newman.

The images are on about the 3rd page ~ dated February 23rd 2011

Brilliant set of images actually.

From what I've been told by the "Cotton Creek" connection, the Rudall is wet, wet and very wet.
FollowupID: 719542

Follow Up By: Member - Joe F (WA) - Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 18:46

Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 18:46
Oops, I should have stated that it is in the ~ General 4wding ~ Chit Chat section of their forum.
FollowupID: 719546

Reply By: get outmore - Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 19:47

Thursday, Mar 03, 2011 at 19:47
all depends on the gun club

its totally up to the comitee as to weather they allow that sort of thing - it usually breaches council permission but is allowed for open shoots,

my current club Whiteman park has to apply and give numbers of campers for their open

Id say the answer is
- could be possible but it is club dependendant, there is no written or unwritten rule about this
AnswerID: 447250

Sponsored Links