Too big for shopping car parks

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:08
ThreadID: 8491 Views:2543 Replies:31 FollowUps:32
This Thread has been Archived
A 4wd left a nasty dent in the side of my 'normal' passenger car the other day and it would appear to me the driver had difficulty parking his/her beast. I wonder how many other people have also had their cars damaged by 4wd owners who push there ridiculous oversized petrol guzzelling monsters into car parks they can't even fit in?

Hey, you want a 2 tonne off road weapon.... then how about leaving it OFF THE ROAD?!?!?!?! Get a real car and stop kidding yourself you need one of these monster shopping carts that most women can't drive!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Slammin - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:32

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:32
Good on ya, my trucks a diesel guzzlin beast...................... get it right duh!

As for parking I've had more dings from cars hitting my car or motorbike, in fact I have never had a ding from a 4by.

As for your completely coherent and logical point about women drivers, every dent I have ever received were from blokes.

As for "stay off road", stay off the drugs mate and get real.
AnswerID: 37110

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:42

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:42
Gee I have had my vehicle damaged by some person pushing their shopping trolley into my vehicle. Guess I had better find a shopping trolley website to make a statement.

The responsible owners of 4WD vehicles are not the reason that shopping centre car parks are made so small. Why not complain to the centre management about the small spaces they leave in the car parks, be it 4WD or mini vans or whatever they are all big vehicles. The footprint on most large sedans is just as large as some 4WD and I can assure you that I have seen plenty of lilttle cars damage other little cars in car parks. No to mention shopping trolleys!

Why do you think that it is only the big vehicles that are driven by idiots - from your post it is obvious that they also drive small vehicles. Regards ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 37111

Follow Up By: JohnR - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:29

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:29
David a very well considered response to StayOffRoad.

I have had paint from others on my 4by though, white on my silver Germerican when I was parked at a funeral. Obviously the "normal" car driver could not park.

Another time when I had red Hyundai paint on the wheels from when a lady decided to push mine sideways, fortunately pushing the back wheels. I was parked at the time then too!! I was fortunate it was a tray topper not the above mentioned or its predecessor with the aluminum body.

I am always wary of people who cannot drive straight into a park or reverse either. Most 4by drivers are well used to reversing trailers as well as their truck.

Perhaps StayOffRoad you should show a little less pique at others who may do other things and do as Pauline did, see the other side.

John
FollowupID: 26835

Follow Up By: Robert - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:32

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:32
Well said David; especially you’re last comment.

This post of StayOffRoad’s is the typical thinking of the anti 4x4 morons – it is yet another good example of showing how biased, arrogant and incorrect that they are.

Personally I think the anti 4x4 brigade are no better than racists:

They both hate something, not because they have any genuine, valid or logical reasons but simply because they don’t like it.
FollowupID: 26844

Reply By: Mark from Getaway Portable Refrigerator Hire - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:46

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 00:46
Dear StayOffRoad,
What makes you think that women can't drive a 4wd ?
A bit sexist don't you think?
My wifes previous car was a Excel and it had dents all over it from carparks and being parked next to "normal" cars.
I don't have a motor boat so do you think that you could stop these fuel spilling craft from using the rivers.
Oh and while you at it, it would be beaut if you could get the shopping centres to make bigger parking spaces as it is a bugger to get into them!

Thanks

PS. What is your point of going looking for trouble?
AnswerID: 37112

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 06:46

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 06:46
Whats the point getting upset with StayOffRoad, he/she had a part of my cruisers crumplezone damaged by someone with a 4wd who didnt have the descency to leave a sorry note. I feel for you StayOff Road, and by the way,offroad does include shopping centre carparks. Ask NRMA.
Andrew wheredayathinkwer mike?
AnswerID: 37116

Reply By: Andrew - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:29

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:29
Yep - I think he is making a very good point and I am sure that from now on we will see our fourbies as really just big four wheel motor bikes and take them to the bush on tandem trailers behind our Falcons. I am gunna look out this morning on the road and I reckon I will be lucky to see a fourby there after StayoffRoad raised such a good point.
AnswerID: 37120

Reply By: Time - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:35

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:35
Got hit by a tree last month, lets chop down all the trees, but don't let women drive the chain saw!!

Got hit by an unmarked police car last year, lets get rid of police cars, and yes it was being driven by a women!

Backed into a pole supporting a building a few years back, lets get rid of buildings, I'll let a women blow them up!

Mates missus reversed into my car on their property a few years back also, lets ban everyone except me from the road!

My level of inadequacy must be greater than average as my "road weapon" is about 3 tonne, but it guzzles diesel so I assume I am exempt from this morons tyraid!

Cheers

Buggerlux
AnswerID: 37122

Reply By: jaycee - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:38

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:38
I have three family sized 4x4's and they're all smaller than a "normal" Falcon station wagon and they have all sustained more damage from "normal" cars in carparks than off-road thats why i now park on the street!
AnswerID: 37123

Reply By: Member - Eskimo - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:01

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:01
Look its only a dent......get it fixed and just be thankful it wasnt meant for you!!

Look pal, i drive what i want to drive and if that means a thumping v8 then so be it, if it happens to be a zeta (any one remember these) then i will also.

One reason i drive 2 ton oversized big tyred monster rather than a crumble bar on wheels is to get extra safety insurance from wankers like you. Wow! am I cute
If yer ain't fishing, Yer ain't livin
Richard
AnswerID: 37125

Follow Up By: Time - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:17

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:17
............ahh Zeta, Lightburn cement mixer on wheels wasn't it?

Cheers

Buggerlux
FollowupID: 26837

Follow Up By: Time - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:29

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:29
Found a picture and details of the Zeta at

http://www.sa.regional.net.au/icons/result_form.asp?PhotoID=324

....now that is a vehicle to take shopping!
FollowupID: 26843

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:33

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:33
If I rememnber rightly to go in reverse you had to turn the ignition backwards which got thye engine turning in reverse so you ended up with three or four reverse gears as well. I remember the old TV ad too where you just pulled up at the jetty got the fishing rod out then reached in and got the quick release front seat out and then sat down fishing FOR THE ARVO.We have so little time to enjoy our land
FollowupID: 26851

Follow Up By: Member - Eskimo - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:26

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:26
The moulds are still available if anyone wants them ...well they were 18 months ago. Could probably get them for nothing if someone wanted them....Saw some old,old old old advertising brochures just yesterday hanging proudly on their walls.

Yep..... Fastest car in reverse hehehe

Wow! am I cute
Richard
FollowupID: 26857

Follow Up By: Wombat (Victoria) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:47

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:47
Sorry to spil your party Richard but they weren't the fastest in reverse. My 450cc Goggomobils operated on the same principle so theoretically their top speed in reverse would be 96kph. Never tried it, but I imagine it would have been interesting. Top speed on the Lightburn Zeta was somewhere in the mid 70s. The really interesting one to drive quickly in reverse would mave been the Messerschmidtt. It had only one rear wheel which means that going backwards would have meant the two back wheels would be pushing and steering the single front wheel. A guaranteed rollover if ever there was one."Live today as if there may be no tomorrow"

Wombat
FollowupID: 26865

Follow Up By: joc45 - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:30

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:30
Wombat, wrong again!!
My old man had an Austin Champ (ex British army) back in the 60's. Rolls Royce motor and all that. No low range, but a 5sp gearbox with no reverse. A separate transfer case gave forward and reverse, so you could go flat out in reverse as well.
Ahhh those were the days, 100k flat out (speedo off the dial), 12mpg if you were lucky.
Gerry
FollowupID: 26887

Reply By: Brian - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:25

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:25
Gee.. I was gonna leave this well alone... especially 'cos everyone else seems to have covered the bases so well!!
But the thing is... the sexist comment has got me here!! Ok... StayOffRoad has stated that "MOST" women can't drive "these monster shopping carts" and I realise that most ain't all.. but did he take a survey on this??? does he have a percentage??? does he have a clue?? My other half has been driving for 18 years..... no accidents... thats NO accidents... and only one speeding fine.. and drives our Patrol both to the shopping centre and off road. We shared the driving 50/50 on Fraser, 50/50 at Crystalvale, 50/50 at Ormeau... she has driven mud runs at Ormeau, over fallen trees at the Forest, through the gorges at Nerang, and reverse parks it at the shops first time every time!

If StayOffRoad doesn't want his pride and joy scratched or dented, keep it at home!!!!!!!!!!!
AnswerID: 37128

Follow Up By: Robert - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:01

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:01
Brian,

As my wife often comments after going shopping:

“They can’t even park a little car, how would they go trying to park a big car?”

And she’s not just referring to female drivers.

Some people regardless of what gender, just can't drive competently.
FollowupID: 26847

Follow Up By: Brian - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:11

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:11
Sorry... I should have been a bit more clear.. I read it after submitting and thought it could have been worded better.. but yeah... I agree... totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Brian
FollowupID: 26848

Follow Up By: Robert - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:03

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:03
Hi Brian,

Nothing wrong with what you wrote. My wife is also a competent driver of a Patrol, including a large car - the car actually being wider and longer than the LWB Patrol is.
I was simply making the point that my wife who can park a large car, is amazed that some people (male & female) have so much trouble trying to park their little cars.
As you have indicated in your reply, it is wrong to make the statement: “Women can’t drive 4x4’s”, many of us know first hand just how well our wife’s can handle a 4x4.
FollowupID: 26854

Reply By: Member - Larry (Blue Mtns) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:06

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:06
Are we not taking his comments a bit too seriously. He was obviously just trying to wind us up.

He managed to get a shot in at everybody - women drivers, the poor (those who only have 1 vehicle) and anybody who has ever used a 4WD to go shopping. In fact, everybody on this forum. Not bad eh! The only target he's missed is the English rugby team.

Regards
Larry

PS The only problem I (& all of you, no doubt) ever have in a car park is when the 2 adjoining bays both have morons in them who DON'T PARK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BAY! Perhaps StayOffRoad fits into this latter category ;-)
AnswerID: 37132

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:53

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:53
Larry,

I think you're right! When I saw the original post I was offended but then I thought, I just can't be bothered responding...life's too short!

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
http://www.users.bigpond.com/flatdog
FollowupID: 26869

Follow Up By: Slammin - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 00:17

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 00:17
Ya ruined it melissa you posted.
FollowupID: 26978

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:08

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:08
Melissa,

I hope you arent driving when StayOffRoids takes to the open road. I am amazed that women can't drive, as I have seen one or two on the road on this side of the country and none of them have been dinting small cars in shopping centres. My Falcon even has a mirror on the back of the drivers side sunvisor, more evidence that it was intended for a woman to drive it.

I once did see, however, a MAN in a red Astra back out of a car park at Target(c) scrape the side of the car on his left and then back into a car behind him. Interestingly he slipped on a blonde wig and started talking in a high pitched voice which is obviously wher StayOffRoids stereotype came fromLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 27058

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:31

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:31
300 million sperm and this fool was the fastest?
AnswerID: 37136

Follow Up By: Brian - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:53

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:53
Sam (NSW)
ROTLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Brian
FollowupID: 26852

Follow Up By: Tim - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:19

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:19
My thoughts exactly.
Tim
FollowupID: 26859

Follow Up By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:12

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:12
well said sam
FollowupID: 26877

Follow Up By: Les N - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:41

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:41
Brilliant!

Les
FollowupID: 26923

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:10

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:10
He was obviously swerving in and out of the Y-chromasome sperm on his questLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 27059

Follow Up By: Member - Paul - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 00:04

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 00:04
What the hell does ROTLMFAO mean ? New to net obviously an acronymn ( i think) !!!
Cheers and cold beers
Clarky
FollowupID: 27116

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:07

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:07
Ahh Paul you need to search this site for "acronym" but this one is interesting...

ROTFLMAO=Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arss Off

This iteration excludes the "F" (for floor above) but we can assume that the author is rolling in the floor or some type of weight bearing surface.

The second "F" is more perturbing, in other forums it has been linked to "FAT" as in 'Laughing My Fat Arss Off' however I am not willing to assume this as fact, maybe its Furry, Funny, Furtive, Female, Fellow or any numbers of F-words, some which don't bear mention.

Hope this elucidatesLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 27126

Follow Up By: Brian - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:47

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:47
Geeez... I leav a lettr out of a post and nobod understans m.... :-)
I left an "F" out... for floor ( I thought about maybe trying to convince y'all that I was rolling on "Tiles" ... but you lot would be on to that... LOL (LOL= Laugh Out Loud )...

TTIISIW

LOL..... Bonz is on the money (as always!) and the second "F" is for that nasty F word. I should probably not insert that one in the interests of protecting the sensibilities of other who use this great forum.

FollowupID: 27132

Reply By: jackablue - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:50

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:50
I too have dings in my 4by from shopping centres. Mainly from vans, including Tarago type with long front doors!

There is a parking spot wide enough for you to park safely from other cars. It's the Handicapped parking spot!
AnswerID: 37144

Reply By: jackablue - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:50

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:50
I too have dings in my 4by from shopping centres. Mainly from vans, including Tarago type with long front doors!

There is a parking spot wide enough for you to park safely from other cars. It's the Handicapped parking spot!
AnswerID: 37145

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:06

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:06
mate im spewing too.......my two tonne fuel guzzling monster has a dent in the side step from a hyundai driving female that couldnt park in the shopping centre
it wasnt your missus was it
AnswerID: 37147

Reply By: mudgutz - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:26

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:26
ah the internet troll.........fyi forum users it feeds on comments.....dont feed it
anymore and it will just curl up in front of its pc and die
AnswerID: 37149

Reply By: landie - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:35

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:35
Stayoffroad you appear to have more hide than the tannery down the road..

But everyone is entitled to an opinion and I for one am happy if you are representative of the anti-four wheel drive lobby.

You didn’t say where you were from so it is difficult to form any substantial view on your analysis. After all if you come from a country area it might be reasonable to assume there will be a high number of four-wheel drives in the shopping centre car park.

No doubt you could clarify this and a few other points surrounding your observation. In particular, I and I’m sure others, would be interested to know specifically and on average:

The size of car parks in shopping centres,

What percentage of shopping centre car park spaces can the average four-wheel drive access,

What percentage of the number of cars in shopping centre car parks, at any given time, are four-wheel drives,

How many cars are dented in shopping car parks,

What percentage of dents can be attributed to four-wheel drives, and

The demographic representation of where these incidents generally occur.

No doubt the information will be at your fingertips, lest you be accused of simply being another one of the many 1,000s of ill-informed and ignorant persons when it comes to a view on four-wheel drives. I won’t go the male/female thing, as your main gripe seems to be four-wheel drives in car park.

Landie (tongue-in-cheek)
AnswerID: 37151

Reply By: flappan - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:46

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:46
Fishing Trips . . . . . I love fishing . . . .
AnswerID: 37153

Follow Up By: Time - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:45

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:45
that would be for the baiting I bet, I assume stayoffroad man is a master at baiting......hehehe!
FollowupID: 26882

Reply By: floyd - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:06

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:06
Blame the driver not the vehicle. If a vehicle kills a pedestrian on a street do the police book the vehicle or the driver?

It is not the 4WDrives fault that your car was damaged but the drivers fault. Did you actually see that the vehicle responsible? or was it gone.

4WD vehicles in many cases are actually smaller in length and width than the commodore and falcon (which are the most common cars on the road. A Falcon wagon is actually longer than most full sized 4WD vehicles.
AnswerID: 37157

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:13

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:13
If a tree falls in the forest and theres no Man to see it...IS HE STILL WRONG?Laterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 27061

Reply By: Brendon - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:09

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:09
I'm not sure what the point of this note is. You may as well have gone to the AFL Grand Final and yelled "Football sucks"!
AnswerID: 37158

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:47

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:47
i agree ive seen my mrs drive/park hahahahahahahahaback by popular demand
:-)
AnswerID: 37160

Reply By: koh - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:28

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:28
We probably would all stay off road but you lot keep putting all that black tar based bleep everywhere...lol
AnswerID: 37167

Reply By: Dean - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:50

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 13:50
Well, near where I live in S.A. at Burnside shopping centre, a posh part of town, they actually have dedicated 4x4 parking spaces. They are twice as wide, right by the door, its great. I would never take my other car shopping now. Quite a few people kicked up a fuss when they came in, clearly this is a case off not what you know but who you know,

Dean
AnswerID: 37173

Follow Up By: Member - Eskimo - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:05

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 18:05
Dean, which shopping centre is this? Must get the her to go there instead of TTg or where ever she goes....maybe we wont get any more scratches and dents from inconsiderate b's who cant drive or let their trolleys getaway from them.....it amazes that that some folks just dont understand how trolleys (like water) run down hill when not attached their user. Geez gravity aint that hard to understand is it?

Or have they figured out how to stop/prevent the inconsiderate b's from letting their trolleys run loose.....Wow! am I cute
Richard
FollowupID: 26929

Reply By: Member - Oskar(Bris) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:26

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:26
No followups please - just responses.The real oskar
AnswerID: 37182

Reply By: bruce.h (WA) - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:40

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 14:40
Ah Stayoffroad
i must say that you have very large balls coming onto this site & attacking anybody & everybody,the only problem is that they hang down in front if your eyes & are attached to their conterparts,this seems to have obscuered your vission.
how do i know you have two of the male organs becauce you could not be that big a w****ker with 1.
iknow many female 4wd drivers who would drive rings around you , several whom are a1 4wd instructors , so i sujest next time you pull into a parking bay along side a 4wd that you park in the middle of the bay so that the poor 4wd driver can at least get out.
AnswerID: 37187

Follow Up By: JohnH - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 21:32

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 21:32
Hey Bruce if he has such large balls you would think he would have had the guts to approach the driver of the 4x4 and tell him what a wanker he was. Trouble is the driver is probably as gutless as stayoffroad for not leaving his details.

Later.

JohnH
FollowupID: 26956

Reply By: Stuart - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:23

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:23
WAKE UP TO YOURSELF, HOW ABOUT DOING A BIT OF RESEARCH BEFORE OPENING YOUR BIG MOUTH, OR ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE YOUR MOUTH. I OWN A LANDCRUISER WITH ALL THE GOODIES AND AN AU FALCON WAGON, THE CRUSER FITS IN THE GARAGE AND THE WAGON WONT, BOTH WIDTH AND LENGTH, SO WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU?? IT TELLS ME THAT YOU ARE A DEAD SET IDIOT WITHOUT A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnswerID: 37211

Follow Up By: Member - Alan- Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:57

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 17:57
I'd suggest you see a shrink Stuart and an anger management specialist.
"Stayoffroad" is a tosser and should be treated as such.
FollowupID: 26926

Follow Up By: Stuart - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 17:20

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 17:20
That is a bit harsh don't you think Alan, l am just an honest, hard working bloke who enjoys spending time with his family & 4by and have no time for idiots that want to critise the lifestyle that we all choose to live without even giving it a go, so maybe you can tell me why l need a shrink or an anger management specialist, all l think l need is the hubs locked in and a tank of diesel!
FollowupID: 27041

Follow Up By: Member - Alan- Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 17:41

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 17:41
Not harsh at all in my opinion Stuart, read your own post again and you'll see that you give the distinct impression of being very angry with "Stayoffroad".
Treat him and other tossers like him with the contempt they deserve, they're generally incompetent drivers who blame the first thing they think off. He's probably a closet fourby owner.
Enjoy the peace of the bush Stuart, hopefully most of us act in such a way whereever we are, that we can keep doing the things we like doing most of.
FollowupID: 27044

Follow Up By: Stuart - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 23:11

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 23:11
Still think it was harsh, l don't deny getting angry when l read crap like that, but that doesn't make me a nut case, l think if you read all the reply's you will get the impression that most people are angry!
FollowupID: 27065

Reply By: Member - Gary - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 21:22

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 21:22
Had this email sent to me this morning - probably appropriate timing

Driving to the office this morning on the motorway. I looked over to my right and there was a woman in a brand new MG doing 90 miles per hour with her face up close to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!

I looked away for a couple of seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane still working on that makeup!!

It scared me (I'm a man) so much that I dropped my electric shaver, which, knocked the bacon roll out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my mobile from my ear, which fell into the coffee between my legs, causing it to splash and burn BIG JIM AND THE ROUND TWINS, causing me to scream, which made me drop the cigarette out of my mouth, ruined my shirt and DISCONNNECTED AN IMPORTANT CALL

$%$#%$# WOMEN DRIVERSDead in the City - Alive in the Bush
AnswerID: 37233

Follow Up By: Nomad - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 23:17

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 23:17
Gary

After all the rubbish written above, at least I got a laugh from your story.

Goodonyamate
FollowupID: 26968

Reply By: Phil R - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 22:27

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 22:27
How does this idiot know it was a 4wd ???.
This idiots making assumptions about something thats not known.

Q. Did you see the vehicle that struck your vehicle
A. URRRR NO.

Q. Do you know the exact type of object that caused the damage to your
vehicle.
A. URRRR NO.

Q. How do you know it was a 4wd.
A. Well it was a nasty dent so I assumed it was something big and nasty

Q. So you just assumed it was a 4wd without knowing the facts
A. Well um yes.

No further questions

Step down tosser.....

AnswerID: 37244

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 23:32

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 23:32
i like ferris wheels weeeeeeee!1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
2 awestruck kids (dads driving!)
AnswerID: 37252

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 23:45

Thursday, Nov 13, 2003 at 23:45
And here was me thinking that all the damage had been done offroad. Geez, look at this mate...this was when I had to drive over the kerb to miss a shopping trolley. Good grief fellas/shielas what is the 4by world coming to................Willem

Always going somewhere
AnswerID: 37254

Reply By: ross - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 00:25

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 00:25
Aw what the heck ,why the hell do you think I got that big shiny bull bar for. Anyway I like driving around for no reason in my gas guzzling monster truck with the 4ft tyres gettin 1 mpg ,stuffin down those 1/4 pound cheese burgers and throwin the non biodgradeale styrofoam containers out the window while Elvis the King plays on my 8 track sanyo cassette deck with my 12 gauge permanently in the back ready for emergencies ect.
It would solve all the problems by having special xtra lge parking spots right outside the liquor store/supermarket where all those disabled spots are that take up all the room
Bring back some common sense
ITS A FREE COUNTRY
AnswerID: 37259

Follow Up By: chrisfrd - Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 22:46

Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 22:46
Nice "Dennis Leary - Asshole (1994)" touch there ross.....

He throws those styrofoam containers "right out the side" and wipes his mouth with the American flag too. Just don't get caught by a cop doing any of these things.....

It's NOT a free country.. That's a fact too. Try doing the above, you will find out.
FollowupID: 27113

Reply By: Prado Boy - Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003 at 00:41

Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003 at 00:41
StayOffRoad
You're a bleeding idiot... Frag off!!!
Prado Boy
AnswerID: 37765

Sponsored Links