The Gibb River road & Mt. Hart.

Hi all,
A lot of water has passed by since this alert was placed on E.O. and many other Forums.
For those of you who have heard of Taffy Abbots & Kim who are known round the world for their wonderful meals & superb hospitality , they will no longer be there.

Taffy built the place from scratch over 20yrs. For those of you who know the story of Mt. Hart, remember it & pass it on whilst traveling along the Gibb River Road. The story needs to be told.

For those of you who don't know the story please go to http://www.gibbriverroad.net/mt-hart.html.
It is a sad saga which has been dragged on for an unacceptable length
of time and is still going on.
When you visit this site he has an excellent set up showing you where to click for whatever you want to read.

Taffy & Kim are the soul of Mt, Hart and they'll be a great loss to the Gibb River Road and the end of a wonderful part of the old Kimberley way of life for the tourist. Taffy & Kims contribution to the place should never be forgotten

Tourists need to know the history of Mt Hart. & never let Taffy and Kims' contribution to this iconic place be overlooked.

All the letter writing has been done and now it's up to the DEC to do the correct thing by them.
Take care, safe travels, Bye Ma.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 18:36

Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 18:36
What a disgrace. Don't tell me there is not some graft in this. Taking a man's home and livelihood for a pittance so that they can give it to some corporation.
If tghis goes ahead I will actively discourage anyone from going there.

What is Australia coming to???

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 448216

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 19:20

Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 19:20
Taffy & Kim don't want to discourage anyone from going there, although what has been done to them has hurt very deeply. They just want their story heard and that when people visit Mt Hart, they know the real history of the place & of their hard work & devotion to the place which they love & now have to leave,with only photograghs & memories.
Take care, safe travels,
Bye Ma.
FollowupID: 720556

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 19:55

Monday, Mar 14, 2011 at 19:55
Hi Jack .
Thanks for taking an interest Jack.
With best wishes.
Bye Ma.
FollowupID: 720557

Sponsored Links