EOTrackMe info.

G'day all,

I'm looking for what I need to have to make EOTrackMe work so family can follow our travel movements as we travel & we can keep a record after the event. From what I have read this technology I believe can do this. I know very little about this technology & would like to know what I require at the most cost effective price to achieve this result. Our mobile phones are not compatible for this technology so what do I require to have so as my laptop can achieve this result?

All feedback is gratefully appreciated.
Thanks Michael.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 00:33

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 00:33
Michael,
If you want to use your laptop then you have a few options. The quickest and cheapest it to get a Globalsat BU-353 Mouse GPS from the shop here $80 then use EOTrackMe PC also in the shop with instructions on the EOTrackMe page $7.95. This is all that you need from a GPS point of view you will need to get/have internet access to get the data up to the server. Get a datapack on your phone for this. This option means you can also use the Internet on your laptop when in service. That is it. You can add OziExplorer and maps to the laptop to add moving map etc - check the navigation section to see your options and choices for this.

Next option would be to get a SPOT device and use this as a standalone tracker and saftey device.

Hope this helps.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 448915

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 15:19

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 15:19
A comment and a question! I think the Spot2 is the way to go because of its safety aspects. Regular updates back to the "base system" by satellite is far superior to "catch up" updates when within mobile phone coverage areas, particularly when in remote corners of the country.
And the question! I have been watching some of the tracking through this web site and don't understand why so many are straight lines between 2 points.

Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 721231

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 19:02

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 19:02
Couple of reasons.
1. User forgets to start tracking mode on there tracking device from day to day.
2. If using a spot device positions are only captured and sent every 10 mins, you can cover a fair bit of ground in 10 mins and thus a straight line appears.
3. If a user does a trip and comes home and does not save/archive the trip tracking files and some time down the track starts tracking again it wil just be appended to the older log so this may create a straight line.

There are no system reasons for a straight line and the mobile phone and PC software options have the ability to do constant tracking done to about 30 metres (thus no straight lines provided it is running of course, and dependant on how much data plan you have). The SPOT cannot do more than 10 mins and it could be up to 20 mins dependant on GPS and transmission satellite coverage.

Hope this answers your questions. Keep asking if you need more information.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 721248

Sponsored Links