O & HM Safety

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 23:45
ThreadID: 8564 Views:1384 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Good evening all,
A chap I know at work has just returned from 10 weeks sick leave thanks to not wearing safety glasses whilst chopping wood. Nearly lost his sight in one eye thanks to chopping a small piece of timber which came back at him and just about put his eye out of the socket. Looks like that they may have saved the sight. But it brings home the fact that if you are doing work around the house or on the car, please use the correct safety gear no matter how small or simple the job. You can pick up safety glasses and gloves pretty cheap these days so why not wear them.-I know I will.
Just a small message on safety as most of you good people have families and it would be tragic if anything were to happen that could have been simply avoided.

Regards

Mark
PS I know that as a driver of a 2.5ton diesel gulping 4wd (which makes me irresponsible) that I should not have written this but there you go.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Eskimo - Monday, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:18

Monday, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:18
and Dont Forget Ear Muffs or ear plugs....most lawn mower contractors are now using them...why??? Have some been experiencing hearing loss... i'd say they have and the others are taking notice.

As for safety glasses.....wish I was wearing them, some 30 plus yrs ago when I was using a screwdriver....yep a screwdriver....doesnt have to flying bits of timber or grinding fragments etc etc. Wow! am I cute
If yer ain't fishing, Yer ain't livin
Richard
AnswerID: 37524

Sponsored Links