Questions for those who have sold a camper trailer

Submitted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 13:10
ThreadID: 86207 Views:2986 Replies:9 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

A few questions regarding selling a camper trailer:
1. Apart from this site and Trading Post are there any other sites to advertise in?
2. Which site proved successful for you?
3. How long did it take to sell?
4. Any suggestions for improving the chances of a quick sale (apart from giving it away)?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 13:22

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 13:22
I have seen them on eBay start with a low price and set a reserve.

If something is priced right for the market then it should move quickly.
AnswerID: 453934

Reply By: Madfisher - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 13:30

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 13:30
Could also try Myswag.org
Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 453935

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 14:24

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 14:24
You don't have to give it away, just be fair in your pricing and the description given. Don't try and make it out to be too good to be true.
When we went to sell our camper trailer,tried ExplorOz's trader with no luck, not even a bite, Trading post(got heaps of tyre kickers and some scammers), tried local rags, again heaps of lookers, eventually sold it on eBay, had a fair reserve, asked a fair price and sold it for what I would of been happy to buy it for.
Living not far fromr Grafton, I offered to delivery it to Brisbane or Coffs Harbour as an incentive. As Coffs is only 120k's away & we could of done with a weekend away and Brisbane(280k's), it was a chance to see a good mate. The new owners father was traveling through on their way to see them in Cairns. Picked it up in Brisbane.
Hope this helps.

AnswerID: 453944

Reply By: Maya M - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 14:29

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 14:29
campertrader.org is where we bought ours from.

AnswerID: 453948

Follow Up By: brushmarx - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 15:16

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 15:16
Are you sure that wasn't www.campertrailers.org ?????
I'll get there someday, or die wanting to.

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 726761

Follow Up By: Maya M - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 16:17

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 16:17
yes youre right sorry.

http://www.campertrailers.org/camper_trader.htm

the page is called camper trader.

thats what I have it saved as in my favourites...
FollowupID: 726774

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 15:13

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 15:13
Sold my Campomatic here on Eoz couple of years back - 3 weeks and it was gone - asked $23000 - took $22500 :-o)........ I have sold quite a few sundry camping bits here - the Eoz trader gets a lot of visits. Think I sold my previous soft floor camper here too - that took about a month as I recall. The Trading Post is good - I recently sold a tinny quite quickly there (was here too, but no bites). Tips ? Spend some time cleaning it all up and make it look very nice (obvious I know). Ask a few more $ than your lower limit (everyone wants to barter down). Get some good photos from all angles- spend time on a full description of all aspects. I built a basic webpage on my site that had every photo and bit of info I could muster, plus links to the manufacturer's site.......... all adds up to 'a quality approach'. Be ready for a scammer or two as well....... the usual rubbish they go on with (I'm working overseas and can't get there myself etc.... as if :-o).
AnswerID: 453957

Reply By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 15:58

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 15:58
Try 'Gumtree' website Moose - seems fairly popular - had a few enquiries on my only campervan sale - that and Trading Post as above.

Can't remember which one worked.

G'luck - Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 453965

Reply By: Member - Julie P (VIC) - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 17:42

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 17:42
Sold our camper trailer on this site just over two years ago - had a heap of enquiries, three visitors, and one buyer. Took about three weeks overall.
We were honest in that we described it as "experienced", we had it for 10 years, and it had done 10 years work right round the country, priced it reasonably, and got our asking price. Apart from the red dust in the canvas, the rest of the trailer was in very well maintained condition, and I was sad to see it go, but am happier now that I am on my own, and have a 14ft Coromal pop top - much easier for me to handle.
AnswerID: 453980

Reply By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 10:27

Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 10:27
MightyMoose

why dont you try making your own video on the camper?
i did this and sold it nearly straight away after several months on different site with no luck.
it gives potential buyers a good look at your camper without having to travel long distances to look at it.

here is a video i made of my camper and sold it to a lady in Melbourne ( we live on the North Coast of NSW,cheers.

AnswerID: 454057

Reply By: Chris & Sue (Briz Vegas) - Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 10:37

Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 10:37
Moose,

Others have given you good advice about sites to post your c/trailer for sale, but regardless of where you sell it, you'll probably get enquiries from people who are less than genuine.

These tend to go along the lines that they want to pay via PayPal and will buy it sight-unseen. Excuses are that they're at sea or in the outback or overseas and can't collect in person but will pay you extra to ship it to them.

Steer very well clear of these lowlifes as they're all scams. I've sold both a camper-trailer and a motorcycle in the last couple of years and the fake enquiries outnumbered the genuine ones by about 5 to 1.

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers,
Chris
AnswerID: 454059

Sponsored Links