GU 2.8TDI Problem

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003 at 14:22
ThreadID: 8622 Views:1846 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Just cured a problem on my 99 GU thats been persisting for too long, I was nearly going to put into a dealer !!
Its had intermittent sort of miss/jerky acceleration/slugish performance -- changed from finer filter washable to a half dirty std filter and the problem was not so pronounced. Finally got round to buying a new filter element and in the process of fitting it noticed a damaged white wire on the plug to air flow sensor, the wire was completely through but held by insulation. Must have been damaged when removing air filter element as you have to force a bit to one side to access filter.
Anyway it goes real well now after I repaired connection. So it is worth having a good look around all all the various connectors to ensure they are actully connected.
Bobw
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: joshinthecity - Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003 at 14:28

Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003 at 14:28
Good tip Bob,
That's why I've removed the massive plastic cover from the top of my engine. 3.0 GU IV. Just so I can occasionally have a 10 sec peek at all the hoses and electrical conections.

Josh.

AnswerID: 37812

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003 at 15:19

Wednesday, Nov 19, 2003 at 15:19
good spot bob, chafed and damaged wiring can cause endless headaches for us all, a good maint tip is to get yourself some good electrical contact cleaner in a pressure pack with the extension tube. Every so often when you are doing a major service go around and pop off the various connectors ( with the ignition off so you don't trip fault codes ) and give both the plug and the socket a good squirt and allow to dry ( Blow out with air comp if you have one) This cleans out any moisture and also reduces oxidisation on the terminals. As many sensors are resistance circuits this improves the signals and readings. Also if you have a 'hot wire' airflow meter give it a spray with some carb cleaner spray as any dirt / oily build up effects its accuracy. Cheers BradMoo... everyone knows what a Jackaroo looks like :-)
AnswerID: 37819

Sponsored Links