Battery Power To run Waeco...

Submitted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 21:00
ThreadID: 86284 Views:2854 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all..getting ready to leave broome...for those that remember thread regaurding
blowing up the power pack in my waeco.. i am wondering what is the best way
to run the fridge when travelling...i have upgraded the wiring to 6mm for the plug
using a fuse link...question is ..do i plug into the car cig plug when driving..running fridge off alternator...then plug fridge into the 6mm socket when camped??or run
off 6mm all the time...i suppose the question is..does the battery charge the same
if running the fridge
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: snoopyone - Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 22:07

Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 22:07
Run it off the 6mm Ciggy wire isnt heavy enough
AnswerID: 454294

Reply By: blown4by - Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 23:21

Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 23:21
Doesn't matter where you plug it in so long as the wiring from wherever you feed the fridge is heavy enough for the current draw and the circuit is protected by a fuse. Personally I would run a 6mm cable direct from the battery to a suitable socket to plug the fridge in to with an in-line fuse as close to the battery positive terminal as possible. Also don't forget t run a 6mm cable back to the battery negative terminal.
AnswerID: 454302

Follow Up By: goddosglory - Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 11:28

Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 11:28
this is exactly what i have done..thanks to everyone for responding
wayne godden
FollowupID: 727154

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 09:47

Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 09:47
I have fitted an anderson plug to my waeco and to the aux line in the rear of the cruiser. I have fitted anderson plugs to my battery charger, caravan battery aux outlet and any where I may want to run my Waeco or plug my charger in to charge my batteries.

I recommend you use one as then you will be sure of the current carrying capacity of the plug you use. They can be had in volume cheaply enough on Ebay or from one of the EO traders.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 454324

Follow Up By: Member - Mark E (VIC) - Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 20:37

Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 20:37
Just a brief work of caution to those ordering the "cheap" Anderson plugs off the internet etc. They are often chinese copies and don't last as well as the original Anderson Plugs.

I have found the coating on the sliding contacts is inferior and seems to get very tarnished and this leads to connection problems and reduced voltage/amp carrying capacity. I have also found the shells don't last as long, particularly wehen exposed to the elements for long periods of time.

Original Anderson Plugs can be ordered on line from the Australian importer and I can guarantee you these are the original "Anderson" products.

Anderson Power Pole

No doubt they are a little more expensive, but IMHO a far superior product.

No affiliations etc...just a happy customer.

Happy 12 volting.......

Cheers,

Mark

FollowupID: 727217

Sponsored Links