2011 Ford Ranger

Submitted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 20:28
ThreadID: 86391 Views:3425 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Just found on a Ford web site (a competition to win the new Ford) that the new XLT Dual Cab auto will cost $58,500.00 drive away.

Site Link
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rocco2010 - Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 21:30

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 21:30
Gidday

Redbook lists current XLT auto dual cab at $48,390 PLUS on roads but nobody pays that (I hope) because it is in run out. The Wildtrak is dearer

Given this is a completely new design with new engine we would have been naive not to expect a price rise. I guess it is a case of how much Ford thinks the market will bear.

Now we know how Prado owners felt when the new one came out with, what was it, a $10k price hike!

Cheers

Rocco (ranger owner)
AnswerID: 454768

Reply By: Polaris - Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 12:04

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 12:04
Bought my 2010 XLT dual cab new in Nov 2010 for $37000 neat drive away.

Current 2011 model XLT's are advertised at $37990 drive away while new Wildtrac can be had for $42990 drive away.

An extra $20,000 for the new model, I don't think I would be waiting!
AnswerID: 454822

Follow Up By: Polaris - Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 12:07

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 12:07
Extra $20,000 ! I could buy a new Fiesta LX for the daughter with the difference!
FollowupID: 727703

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 13:06

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 13:06
A friend who owns a Ford Dealership said this morning that Ford would drop that price as everyone would just go and buy a Toyota Hilux. So Ford will be a lot more competitive with their pricing.
FollowupID: 727705

Follow Up By: Polaris - Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 13:51

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 13:51
I hope your friend can influence Ford to do something positive about their Ranger cruise control issue!

Unfortunately I'm having less than satisfactory service from Ford Australia.

Purchased my PK XLT crew cab in November 2010. The day I picked it up I was told that the cruise control (CC) wasn't fitted because there were none available. Was told that when it was available the dealer would contact me to arrange fitment. This did happen about 4 weeks later and the CC was fitted.
About 3 weeks later I received a recall notice from Ford requesting that I return the vehicle to the dealer in order that the CC be disabled. This was done in January 2011.
3 months passed without any communication from Ford or my dealer - so I did the online 'contact us' on the Ford Australia website, to try and find out any updated news regarding the disabled CC.
The customer service section responded fairly quickly via both email and phone.

After a number of emails, phone calls and visits to my dealer they now have come up with 2 options.

1. Wait until the first half of 2012 (a year or so) and then Ford may have a fix. If I chose this option they have offered the next logbook service for free as a sweetener. Although not mentioned I assume this would only be the labour content - and not parts. Who knows.

2. Return the vehicle to the dealer who will completely remove the Ford CC an arrange a $900 refund. This could be put towards me having an aftermarket CC fitted.

The second option sounded acceptable to me until I found that they would not be reinstating the steering wheel shroud to 'original condition'. When the CC was fitted they holesawed a large hole in the shroud to fit the switch. It is a very rough 'daggy' job - not only on mine but all the others I have seen as well. Ford intend to simply put a large grommet into the hole, which means fitting another brand would be difficult or impossible - asside from looking poorly finished.

More phone contact with the CSA's put me in touch with a very rude lass who kept talking over me and the bottom line is "Ford will NOT be reinstating the steering wheel to original condition" .

So I have the option of waiting a year for a fix that may never happen or accept the vehicle will have a daggy hole in the side of the steering wheel.

Thoughts anyone ???

... follow the thread on the Ford Forum here

There are other posts and forums on the same Ranger cruise control issue on the Australian 4WD action forumHere

FollowupID: 727708

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 15:02

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 15:02
Polaris amazing feedback, that is just not good enough. If that story doesn't put someone off I don't know what will?
FollowupID: 727713

Sponsored Links