I know that you can get a camping permit at the jardine but if you want to go to vryilia first is there anywhere else that we can get a permit? Ta Allyson
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Been-Everywhereman - Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 21:19

Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 21:19
vryilia is before the ferry,,,, and the ferry ride is 88bucks which incorporates the camping permit.....
Get it at the ferry....after you see vryilia..
There are not too many places around the cape you will see a salty,, but down where you are going in those waterways is a hotspot,,, be careful...
AnswerID: 455166

Follow Up By: Been-Everywhereman - Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 21:21

Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 21:21
what i meant by "down there" i mean vryilia point,, in the creeks..
FollowupID: 728127

Reply By: Member - edwin (QLD) - Monday, May 23, 2011 at 10:00

Monday, May 23, 2011 at 10:00
just get it at the ferry afterwards,no one will hassle you for not having a permit,most people are heading all the way to the top and will eventually pay for the ferry/permit at some stage ,it allows you camping both before and after the ferry like muttee heads ,mouth of the jardine etc(both nth)
a lot of people whinge and say that is the most expensive ferry in australia,but you get access and all the camping you want for as long as you want at some pretty nice places and when you compare this to caravan parks and permit prices to other aboriginal lands,its pretty bloody cheap and well worth it,,
have fun allyson,,youll love it

ps as beautiful and nice as it is around the jardine ferry,remember there are crocs there and a local was taken there a few years back,,its ok to play in the water where it is shallow and the water is clear and you can see whats around you for some distance
AnswerID: 455210

Sponsored Links