driver training VIC

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 23, 2003 at 23:04
ThreadID: 8710 Views:3000 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Am looking to do a basic / intermediate driver training course. I live on the mornington peninsula and have found this place in Croydon via the yellow pages;

Websters 4WD Driver Training
Croydon
VIC, 3136
Australia

Has anyone done a course here ?? If so was it good ?? was it value for money??
Should I go here??

Their doesn't seem to be many options for courses in metro Melb, any advice appreciated.....

Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Nov 23, 2003 at 23:11

Sunday, Nov 23, 2003 at 23:11
Numerous options.

Join a club, usually get free driver training, + LOTS of help and ideas.

Also meet lots of people interested in the same stuff as yourself.

Im on the Peninsular too.

Im in the Nissan club, but we take any make and model cars..... ;)~
Meeting in few weeks if you would like to tag along. We have fully accredited driver trainers.

Theres a few of us on this forum in that club.

Meetings are held first Wednesdays at ~ 7.30pm.
Aline Burgess Hall,
English Language Center
Cnr Thomas and Douglas St's
Noble Park
Melways 89 F3
AnswerID: 38230

Reply By: Big Trev - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:48

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:48
DECA Training, based in Altona and Sheppparton run courses, the content is very good, they are a bit expensive. The courses are only run on weekdays, and normally out of Shepprton. They will run them from Altona if you can get 4 people, (same rule for Shepparton too.) You can use their vehicle or your own.

Altona - Julie Awty - 9318 0044
Shepparton - Anne Maber - 5821 1099
AnswerID: 38337

Reply By: Rhubarb - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 14:22

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 14:22
Zed I have done the basic - intermediate drivers course at Webster's and I can highly recommend them.

John Webster IIRC is an ex-copper and used to do off-road training in the force so has plenty of exprerience.

John and his teams expertise and knowledge where invaluable to myself getting into 4WDriving. Our group found that there professionalism and organisation was well above other training courses that we bumped into along the way - who seemed to be running around all over the place with a high level of confusion.

I am also thinking in the near future of going on his advanced course.

Cheers,
Rhu

P.S Let me know if you have any other questions about the Webster's course.
AnswerID: 38376

Reply By: Allan Mac - Friday, Dec 12, 2003 at 22:11

Friday, Dec 12, 2003 at 22:11
Wife's boss did a course with Websters & said was pretty good. I did a program with Safetrek, which was excellent. Theory done at Box Hill Tafe on the Thursday night (3 hrs) & practical on the following Sunday in Toolangi State Forest. Jim Kennedy is the boss/instructor & has many yrs 4wding. He is also V/Pres of 4wd Vic. Check www.safetrek.com.au.

Cheers
Allan Mac
AnswerID: 40087

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Dec 13, 2003 at 08:28

Saturday, Dec 13, 2003 at 08:28
Have done the intermediate and advanced with John Webster and highly recommend him. Excellent course, good coverage, lots of knowledge and great company too.Laterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
AnswerID: 40108

Sponsored Links