EBC kevlar brake pads

Submitted: Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:27
ThreadID: 8713 Views:2625 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Has anyone tried EBC kevlar brake pads?

They are stated as having higher friction than conventional pads, but also less dust and less wear on disc rotors. And they are not that expensive either at approx $150 for a complete reline of a Jackaroo using street linings or approx $250 for upgraded. Compared to $750 for original linings or approx $150 for Bendix linings.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has had any experience or knowledge of these kevlar brake linings.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:56

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:56
Have used ebc in street cars ( modified imports ) and they do work well, can't say how long they would last, Street rating should be fairly progressive but upgraded pads may need a bit of heat kept in them to avoid lock up etc in the cold. Original jackaroo pads are fantastic, my friends 96 model has done 230k and he changed them because he thought he should, but they still had heaps of meat on them, my 98 has 120k on it and the pads are still like new. I love the original pad compound, it is very progressive , resists fade well and lasts forever. Gota love those jackaroo vented rear disks as well. If the price is right then the ebc may be worth a try.Moo... everyone knows what a Jackaroo looks like :-)
AnswerID: 38246

Reply By: Bazza - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:23

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:23
G'Day Savvas,
Good question, I'd be interested in info on this as well. I've never used them on any 4wd but did try them once on my bike, a 1500 Goldwing. Worked well in the dry, but did'nt work at all well in the wet. Very dangerous? Added metres to the braking / stopping distance. Never tried them again since.
Regards,
Bazza.
AnswerID: 38247

Reply By: Member - Bob W - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:09

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:09
Hi all,
Tried them on Triumph Stag -- pedal was harder and they squeeled when warmer up, very annoying, think they worked better but changed back to std due to noise.
The colour code denoted hardness, from green--yellow--red? not sure about the red, special disc rotors required for the racing pads.
regards
bobw
99 GU 2.8TDI
p.s. anyone want to buy a Triumph Stag?
AnswerID: 38249

Reply By: howesy - Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 18:50

Monday, Nov 24, 2003 at 18:50
Had them on my diesel Hilux dual cab and found them to be excellent as far as they never showed any signs of fade in any load condition and gave a good pedal feel from cold to hot. The only downside was the wear factor. i got the bleep shocked out of me when a mechanic doing bleep minor work underneath said my pads were dangerously low. ithought he was bull bleep ting me. They wore out very quickly compared to normal heavy duty 4WD pads. That was my experience but someone in the industry did tell me that they are experimenting with a lot of different compounds at the moment due to the phasing out of asbestos.
AnswerID: 38281

Sponsored Links