Ya gotta ask yourselves ... are ya feelin hungry?

Submitted: Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 10:51
ThreadID: 8814 Views:1689 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day all,
Last weekend I had a few friends over for a BBQ and to spin a few yarns ( true or false ) over a few beers. As well, I fired up the Cobb to do justice to a kilo or so of the biggest king prawns I've even seen. Give this a try ... add a glass of red wine to the moat ( and one full glass for your self ), and three crushed gloves of garlic. Make up a paste of fine crushed garlic and ginger salt to cover the prawns ... and cook away. Brilliant !!!!
Regard,
Bazza.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew - Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:29

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:29
Gee mate - we'll have to try it with our Cobb. Or even better, send out "invites" and we'll come over and try it at your place. Must have smelt pretty good too while they were cooking.
Andrew
AnswerID: 38772

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:37

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:37
You bugger Bazza!

I wasn't all the hungry until readin this post. Thanks for the recipe, will have to give it a shot.

cheers,
Sam.
AnswerID: 38776

Follow Up By: Bazza - Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:57

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:57
G'Day guys,
If your into sea food like I am, try to get hold of one of these .... I came accross a stainless steal wok, the type designed to use on electric hotplates. They have a thick re-enforced base that protrudes slightly which enables it to sit on the Cobb's heat bead ring. This thing works great. I used it recently to cook-up some Tassy scollops in white wine snow peas and terry source.
"And they say sex is better than food ... I do'nt think so!!"
Regards,
Bazza
FollowupID: 82649

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:58

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:58
Hmm, haven't got a Cobb but I might try to work your recipe into a marinade instead, then grill the prawns on the BBQ. Hubby's on a bit of a BBQ kick at the moment and only said the other day he needs a BBQ recipe book or something so he can get a bit more adventurous...like I'm gunna stand in his way NOT!

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
http://members.westnet.com.au/flatdog
AnswerID: 38782

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 12:08

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 12:08
Hi melissa , a few years ago a few of us chipped in and got a book for a mates birthday, it was titled' the barbrque bible', and had both hotplate and weber style recipies, it's a huge book and he's always using it and only tried about half the good stuff so far. Best thing hes ever got he reckons, and we have a squiz at it as well. Great x-mas idea for the little fella .. Cheers BradMoo... everyone knows what a Jackaroo looks like :-)
FollowupID: 82651

Follow Up By: Member - Melissa - Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 12:24

Friday, Nov 28, 2003 at 12:24
Thanks for the tip Bradley, I'll have a look for it. I'd already decided a BBQ cookbook would find its way into his Chrissy stocking!

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
http://members.westnet.com.au/flatdog
FollowupID: 82655

Sponsored Links