Mazda BT50 gearbox problems

Submitted: Friday, Aug 19, 2011 at 16:26
ThreadID: 88566 Views:12017 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We bought new BT50. Rear gearbox main leaking from day 1. Had gearbox rebuilt at 5K. Bearings syncros stuffed . Had war with Dwyers in Wollongong regarding on going problems. Mazda tested car and stated even before leaving the yard gearbox was bad and would require replacing. Received car back from Dwyers Wollongong and gearbox just the same at 28k. The new gearbox consisted of a low kilometre box being installed after it was painted with silver frost paint. Mazda stated they do not need to use new parts to rectify warrant situations.
Do not buy but a Mazda BT50 - Gearbox rubbish
Do not buy a Mazda BT50 - 2 Cent finish, rust from new
Do not buy Mazda BT50 - incredibly bad handling in wet (ask the cops who have them)
Dot not buy Mazda BT50 - No after sales service either from Mazda Australia or Dwyers Wollongong
I have been a automotive repairer for 30 years

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Whirlwinder - Friday, Aug 19, 2011 at 18:30

Friday, Aug 19, 2011 at 18:30
Now Robert,
Why don't you tell us what you really think instead of sitting on the fence!
Ian
AnswerID: 463000

Reply By: Kimba10 - Friday, Aug 19, 2011 at 19:11

Friday, Aug 19, 2011 at 19:11
Mate I would plaster it all over your vehicle Mazda BT50 HEAP OF SH#T, then park out the front of the dealer (not ilegal) as long as your parked legally. I did this with my camper trailer in Penrith, I had it set up on the back of my cousins tilt tray for a day while the Penrith caravan & camping show was on showing what a heap of crap my certain brand name camper was. Got a call from the manufacturer to remove it, told him when he either gives my money back or replaces it with a new one then I will, got a brand new camper out of it, was still crappy and ended up selling it but that was the point of what I did. Have you had any luck with Department Of Fair Trading ?? I have heard some bad news on these things but hearing it from some one who has one himself instead of second hand confirms it. I have a few cousins in the force and they reckon the ford ranger is an absolute heap of crap and have even had a letter sent to them in regards to what speeds they are allowed to drive the ranger as to avoid rollovers due to there stability (or lack of should I say) Sounds like Mazda have some questions to answer.............................................................
AnswerID: 463001

Reply By: didiaust - Saturday, Aug 20, 2011 at 06:47

Saturday, Aug 20, 2011 at 06:47
Have only had ours since January 2011 but have had no problems at all. Have had many call backs & etters from Mazda asking many questions re service, performance etc. Must say our aftersales service excellent

Fingers crossed

Di

AnswerID: 463034

Follow Up By: Member - DW Lennox Head(NSW) - Saturday, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:21

Saturday, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:21
I, too, have had my BT50 since January. No issues except a bit quick in reverse when pushing a 2 tonne Kimberley Karavan back.
So far I have done about 15,000 kms. Fuel economy is excellent.
The Police have had the same unstable issue with Hiluxs, too. I believe it is the body they use on the vehicles to contain the crooks.
DW

FollowupID: 736885

Sponsored Links