Portable Beds Help Please

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 19:47
ThreadID: 89393 Views:2690 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, I was just after others opinions concerning portable bedding. To start with we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children under 10). When we go away in our caravan my wife and I usually sleep in the annex. Currently we sleep on a 'anywhere bed'[img]
[/img] which I am finding not the most comfortable.
I'm after advise from fellow travelers what they have found to give them a good night sleep.
I'm 6'3" (which probably is not to my benefit, I would imagine) so we are chasing something queen size.
Is there "top of the range" air mattresses which are worth investing in.
We have found in the past it is preferable to be up off the ground so our sheets don't soak up the water when it rains, hence the initial purchase of the anywhere bed.
Hope you can help with some advice and thanks in advance,

Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 20:11

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 20:11
Chris

I don't know if it's an inner spring mattress, but it might be worth investing in egg shell foam.

We have them on our single beds in the caravan and the place we are staying at in Bundaberg has the on the queen bed and its a good nights sleep.

AnswerID: 466865

Follow Up By: Mysterybags - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 20:21

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 20:21
Hi and thanks for that Boo Boo, the bed in the picture I posted has an inflatable air mattress inside.
FollowupID: 740996

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 21:26

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 21:26
Chris,

To travel to Lake Eyre & Yulara this year, we bought a self inflating double mattress. It's about 1900 x 1350 x 100 mm, and using a swag, we were very comfortable. While it doesn't seem thick, it feels very supportive. I'm 6' 2", and the length didn't wory me. Of course, we were on the ground in a dome tree, so one's feet don't really hang over the end.

Rolling it up each morning is a bit of a chore, and better done with 2 people......or the kids. You could always throw it into the 'van. Think they might sell queen size as well.

Suppose you could always use the bed above, and roll one of these out on it?

Bob.
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 466870

Follow Up By: Steven G1 - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 21:37

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 21:37
We also have a self inflated matttress. It is a queen size wild country. Great to sleep on, but to get it off the ground you may need to do what Bob suggests. Can be a bit bulky to travel with though.

Cheers Steve
FollowupID: 741002

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 21:50

Wednesday, Oct 05, 2011 at 21:50
We use the same but I opted for two singles rather than a double as I find them easier to roll up and stow away.

We find them very comfortable to usioi
FollowupID: 741004

Sponsored Links