Gas Fridge Issues

We ahve a gas fridge which has not been used for 7 and will not work on gas - on electricity it's fine, but on gas the tubes at the back of the fridge do not heat up as they should and do on 240v.

we have replaced the filter behind the thermostat.

Has anyone any suggestions.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: buddyelle - Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 13:29

Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 13:29
I had a problem with gas appliances in my caravan not working

Try disconnecting the gas line at the bottle and as close as you can to the fridge and blow out the line with compressed air

Fixed my problem......condensation in the gas line......
AnswerID: 467759

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh - Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 13:37

Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 13:37
Hi Graeme,
Could be a blocked line or jet as mentioned above.
If you can take it out and let it sit upside down for a day or so it may help as well.
I do this with all three of our gas fridge/freezers every couple of years.
We have a RM360 in the camper as well as a 50lt Checold & a 33L finch. Turning them upside down you can hear the gas, it sounds like big bubbles moving through it.
Give that a go.

Jon
AnswerID: 467760

Follow Up By: Member - Barnray (NSW) - Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 15:35

Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 15:35
If it works on 240v then turning it upside down won't do any thing. It is quite possible the jet is blocked at the burner, it is a very fine jet and will not take much to block, even a partial restriction will seriously affect the cooling operation of the fridge. Also if the flue is scaled up will do the same. Barnray
FollowupID: 741928

Follow Up By: Hairs & Fysh - Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 16:47

Sunday, Oct 16, 2011 at 16:47
Hi Barnray,
True, if the fridge is of a fair age, by pulling it out and inspecting all bits for problems and cleaning all the dust off it will help with it's longevity and efficiency.
Also the flame has to be of the right shape and size, and as you have mentioned, there could be scale on where the flame sits which effect s this.

Cheers

FollowupID: 741933

Sponsored Links