Question: Globalsat BU-353 Mouse GPS

Does this GPS receiver work on Android operating system tablets?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 13:22

Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 13:22
Hi Mikee,

I've just done a search of the Globalsat Tech Support Pages, and have found the following response from them on this topic:

"The BU-353 utilizes the Prolific USB drivers, which have been installed in the Linux kernel (Android-based). Unfortunately, we have not tested this unit with Android tablets, and apparently, we cannot guarantee that it will work with its applications."

Basically, there is a possibility that by installing the BU-353 Linux Driver click here to download on your tablet, the GPS receiver will work with Android, but we can't be 100% sure - if you would like to order the device and give it a go, we'd be happy to accept a return and refund your order if it doesn't work.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 475411

Reply By: get outmore - Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 14:30

Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 14:30
Im confused what are you tryring to achieve. Your tablet should have gps. There are also apps that allow a bluetooth gos to work in place of the inbuilt gps
AnswerID: 475416

Follow Up By: Member - Mikee (Two Wells) - Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 16:28

Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 16:28
I had a laptop using this GPS mouse and it was stolen. I am thinking of replacing the laptop with a tablet. If as you say tablets have inbuilt GPS, how well does it function say in the centre console of a vehicle, I thought the receiver needed a clear view of the sky. The GPS mouse lives on the dash to achieve this.
FollowupID: 750359

Sponsored Links