Question: Gold & Ghosts WA 100k Digital Map DVD

Purchased this product as a Xmas present for my husband. Have installed oziexplorer software, although that info is not attached to the sales advertisement, however find that I am unable to open some of the files. I also have FileCure installed and it does not find the .extension - can you please assist in this matter as it most frustrating knowing that there is info there that is not available. The Prospectors notes file will not open. I am running Windows 7 on the computer so there should not be a problem. Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated. Regards Joy Harrop
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony S (WA) - Thursday, Feb 09, 2012 at 00:20

Thursday, Feb 09, 2012 at 00:20
HI Joy,

Firstly was there a sheet of instructions included with the G & H disc?
The way I do it, is to open Ozi, then insert disc into the puter and when the request comes up with the question as to what to open it with, delete it.
Click on LOAD. When the index comes up click on LOAD MAP FILE and the G & H index should com up. Click on the required map and it should come up.
Yuo must also have Osf loaded in Ozi and in the MAP file.
I cannot remember if it comes already loaded in Ozi or, you have to go to the Ozi web site here -http://www.oziexplorer.com/ - and down load it into the map file.

Tony
The rig

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 477319

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Feb 09, 2012 at 00:34

Thursday, Feb 09, 2012 at 00:34
Hello

Not sure what you mean by the ".extension". Looks like you have hide common file extensions turned on...so you can't see what files are what (I hate that option in windows)..

The "prospecting notes" are pdf - these can be opened with free adobe pdf reader. ..get it here

Adobe PDF Reader

Also - Sales advertisement states

NOTE: Maps are in OZF format and can only be used with OziExplorer or OziExplorerCe.

Any other problems just ask.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 477320

Sponsored Links