Plain Vanilla - update

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 13:13
ThreadID: 91939 Views:2059 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
("Plain Vanilla" = new 79 Series LC V8 SC with tray) will provide more info and pictures in the blog later; however, for now : Canopy (in Brisbane) will be finished next week (pick up round 14th March).
Under Bonnet: I now have aux battery with 200amp battery isolator (redarc) fitted. Has momentary button fitted in cab to allow dual battery start and winching.

ARB bullbar and warn winch are fitted as well as the driving lights, work lights, power sockets (in cab). As is the laptop mount, Engine Watchdog, Low Coolant Alarm and Scangauge II. Also have anderson plugs fitted for the camper trailer and the canopy. Will have to do all the canopy wiring at the end of March.

Still waiting on siderails and steps, as well as the air lockers (compressor is fitted).Still looking for suitable under tray tool boxes. All way too expensive or plain rubbish.

UHF is in and working; Codan NGT HF with autotune still to be put in. Have the power supply already to go. Will have to make brackets behind the seats to install the radio.

A young tradesman at the auto electrician commented: "You have spent all this money on all the extras, and the vehicle still looks 'plain' as..."
Well, these young guys obviously like to have all their "bling" in plain sight to show off. I had a chuckle over his comments. He is right though. It still looks pretty standard from a distance. Even all the new gauges are not that obvious.

As Mick O says, what's money for... to spend on your "truck"... of course!

Thanks to all those who have helped with information etc. so that I could get this 'build' "on the road"..
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 14:11

Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 14:11
I agree with your philosophy Fred.

Stealth is the way.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 478064

Reply By: Bigfish - Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 14:38

Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 14:38
The flashier the looks the more likely a target for theft as well.
cheers
AnswerID: 478067

Sponsored Links