Camping around Hervey Bay

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 23:56
ThreadID: 91971 Views:5484 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all any help with some good camping with camper van and small dog , We like a swim a fire and a fish if poss , prepared to try various spots within an hour or two . The two teenagers with us on our round trip have a month here with their grandparents so the wife and our 5 year old have got time to check out the area . Cheers Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kris and Kev - Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 09:47

Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 09:47
Sounds like you are after free camping? Very slack for free camping in and around Hervey Bay. (You need to be a local for any secret spots.) The closest free camp is at the town of Tiaro, south from Maryborough on the Bruce Highway, about 45 minutes to Hervey Bay, via Maryborough. Do not think you can have fires. When are you expecting to be in this area?

There are lots of caravan parks in Hervey Bay, but not sure about dogs and I do not think you can have a fire.
There are two at a very nice coastal town just north of Hervey Bay, Burrum Heads. The best location is the council park, but no dogs. The other, Hillcrest caravan Park, allows dogs, don't think you can have a personal fire. This is the link - http://www.burrumheadshillcrestholidaypark.com/
Fantastic location and only about 15 minutes drive to Hervey Bay, and a lot quieter then the bay.

Burrum Heads

Council caravan park on the Burrum River, Burrum Heads.

AnswerID: 478189

Reply By: petengail - Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:36

Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:36
Possibly a bit far... but Inskip Point near Rainbow Beach. You can have a fire and you can take your dog. Its on the water so you can also fish. A bit closer is Kauri Creek off the Tinnenbar road, off the Maryborough/Tin Can Bay road. I thik a fire and dogs are ok at Kauri but check with QPWLS first. Take drinking water to both. Hope this is of some help.
AnswerID: 478195

Follow Up By: ombo99 - Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 22:23

Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 22:23
Thanks very much , I'd heard of Inskip Point , it's in my Camping Australia book . Kauri Creek sounds good . Great stuff.
FollowupID: 753776

Reply By: barney136 - Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 17:57

Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 17:57
Flame lily adventure park is on Burrum heads road and allow dogs and supply fire places down by river 5 mins from Howard.Fairly new and nice people.Very quiet no train noise like at the Burrum river park in Howard.Worth a look for sure.Just came back from there and will be going again.
AnswerID: 478231

Follow Up By: ombo99 - Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 22:26

Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 22:26
Sounds good , thankyou very much , had 4 days in the van on a friends front yard in Hervey but time to head out now , t.v comfy lounges etc. aint a pinch on the great outdoors .
FollowupID: 753777

Sponsored Links