Piggyback camper

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 22:56
ThreadID: 92030 Views:2309 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Goodaye. I have purchased a second hand "piggyback" (brand name) camper after a lot of research and saving. I was going to order a new one but the company has gone out of business and was lucky enough to find one on the internet, one of only two I have seen second hand in five years. I believe they produced approx 57 campers. I am interested in taliking to anyone who owns one. Cheers, Scott.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - skipper1 - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 00:45

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 00:45
Hi Scott congratulations on your purchase of a slide on camper.
How can I be of help?
AnswerID: 478385

Follow Up By: Paps - Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 21:02

Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 21:02
Thanks for the offer Skipper1. Do you own a Piggyback camper? If so I'm interested to hear your experiences. Cheers Scott.
FollowupID: 754002

Reply By: Member - Timnivo - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 21:19

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 21:19
G'day Paps,
We have the last piggyback ever made I think. We purchased about the 3rd last made, then got hit by a roadtrain a couple of weeks later. Craig and Michelle had closed the business during that period, but sold the last piggyback which they had built for themselves to us.
I looked at every trayback camper I could for about three years, and these were certainly the best for our situation. Being able to get at everything from both inside and outside, and the superb upright canvas to maximise space won me over. All at a reasonable weight as well.
Ours is a dualcab model that we carry on a Creative Conversions Landcruiser 200series. We love it.
Tim
AnswerID: 478446

Reply By: Paps - Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 19:26

Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 19:26
That's very interseting Tim. So would that have been last year? We first looked at a Trayon at a caravan show in about 05 but weren't very happy with the little bed. I found Piggyback on the internet and admit that the initial ones with the baby poo brown interior didn't look that inviting and I thought they were a bit pricy considering the plastic tubs. But when we saw one in Melbourne about 06/07 we were converted. We are very lucky to have found the one we have. It was built in 2007 for a friend of the Pokariers and is checker plate, the only one ever made. It has the older stryle tent on it but the quality is outstanding and is is like magic how much room it creates. I have had to build the outside kitchen myself as we wpould have ordered but it has everything else imaginable including solar panels on the roof. It's on the back of a GU patrol which iv'e had to get resuspended. We put an inter spring mattress in it and it is now a bit heavy to open but I have devised a portable lifting macjanism to do that. Would be keen to hear from any others out there with Pros and cons. Cheers Scott.
AnswerID: 478496

Reply By: Crackles - Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 21:31

Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 21:31
Nice looking unit Scott & a pitty they're no longer made.
Was at the Wandin 4x4 show where there was a similar slipon on display called the Tailgate Camper which they were setting up in just 30 seconds & packing away in under 50.
Cheers Craig...........
AnswerID: 478511

Sponsored Links