Question: H2No Towels - 25 Pack

Can you please tell me what liquid or chemicals are in the H2No towels?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 08:13

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 08:13
Ring the supplier!! Michael.
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 479254

Follow Up By: Member - John G- Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 08:48

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 08:48
G'day Michael

I think that is probably the best action to take, but I also think it is a reasonable question to ask of the retailer, in this case, exploroz.

Cheers
John
FollowupID: 754699

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 09:40

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 09:40
Gday John! I actually meant the manufacturer. Often the description on the pack is vague, so you dont always get the info you require. There is the shop contact phone and email and direct link to Eo also, its not a forum question.. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

FollowupID: 754704

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 13:02

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 13:02
Picky picky.

Give the bloke a break. You cannot tell from the advert who the supplier/manufacturer is, so it seemed a reasonable approach to take. It is also not an unreasonable question to ask., If your bloody forum (it is yours, right???) is so precious, you can stick it as far as I am concerned.

It is also most likely that ExplorOz do not keep these in stock (must have a big shed) but simply notify the supplier who sends them out on their behalf. Common practice in these days of online selling.

Grow up and show a bit of tolerance and good manners.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 754720

Follow Up By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 13:46

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 13:46
My wife carried on a bit like the way Micheal is a couple of years ago. Turned out to be a Thyroid problem.lol. Bob.
FollowupID: 754721

Follow Up By: Member - John G- Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 14:01

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 14:01
G'day Jack

Not sure who you are having a go at at, but here's my extra bob's worth:
1. If it's sold by Exploroz, then it's reasonable to ask the question on the Forum, however, forumites are not necessarily experts.
2. If it's sold by Exploroz, then it is reasonable to ask them what's in the product, whether or not they are an intermediary between manufacturer and consumer.
3. At then end of the day though, Michael is right, the manufacturer is the best source of information on specifications, indeed, I would think is accountable.

H2No comes up on google, has a contact email, and no doubt will be happy to answer the question.

Cheers
John
FollowupID: 754724

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 16:33

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 16:33
HI John

No .. not having a go at anyone really .. Just thought Michael was a bit abrupt on what was a polite and (I thought) reasonable question to ask. Many folks have skin that won't tolerate a lot of the stuff that is around. Self appointed
Forum Police are not much better than the appointed ones in my opinion.

There was some posts here a while ago about treating people with respect when they ask a question rather than the 'Do A Seach' or "Google it" responses.

Who knows, Bob's comment may be right.

The funny part of it all is that I went to see if I couild buy some and they are not available, so it may not even matter. : )

Cheers
Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 754734

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 16:34

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 16:34
I'm sorry if you think I'm picky!! There is so much lame material that seems to come across the forum these days.. The shop sells it, ask the shop. A bit different if you want to know how a product performs. Michael

Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

FollowupID: 754735

Follow Up By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 20:20

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 20:20
G'day Michael (spelt it wrong the first time,sorry) You reckon this one is lame. This question came up on another forum

"Our spare fridge/freezer (Waeco) has alwaya been in the 4wd set at -15 Celius while travelling around.
We currently have it in his shed still set on -15 to use as a freezer.
It has now taken up the habit of 'sweating', whether with the cover on or off.
Humidity has been anything from 35% to 87%.
Seal seems to be O.K.
Any ideas/clues most appreciated.
P.S. Have tried roll on & spray on deodarant, but still no go. "

And this was a reply

"That is the best post I've ever seen on this forum. Your fridge is sweating, it must be working too hard. Ha Ha.
My Waeco always did that. I got rid of it.
I always thought deodorant was for smell reduction, not sweat reduction. "

Still got a laugh out of it. Cheers,Bob

FollowupID: 754767

Reply By: Bazooka - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 22:26

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 22:26
Good question J&Me. Can't help but please let us know when you find out. It's a little surprising that they aren't required to have the details on the pack.
AnswerID: 479338

Follow Up By: Member - John G- Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 17:27

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 17:27
G'day Bazooka

Following my own interest in consumer info being available, and Michael's suggestion, I followed up with the manufacturer (maybe just supplier).

See below

Cheers
John (not the J of J & Me)
FollowupID: 755011

Reply By: Member - John G- Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 17:25

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 17:25
G'day J & Me

Your question interested me, so I did as Michael suggested, and asked the manufacturer;

The quick response was:

"I have the product made overseas and it is compliant with the following, ISO9001, SGS, MSDS,& FDA (the last being Food & Drug Administration of America.)

Product has a small amount of lemon fragrance and typical wipe moisture material which is kept in that condition purely by way of the individual sealed packs, there is no antibacterial material such as in similar commercial products or material to improve the life expectancy like other dispenser pack products that may cause issues with sensitive skin areas.

The base material is "nonwoven spunlace' which is again similar to other products except that H2No material is superior in strength and retains more moistur than other products.

I would recommend that if there vis any concern with sensitive areas a small and controlled area be tested initially to ensure there is no reaction."

For your information.

Cheers
John
AnswerID: 479546

Follow Up By: Member - John G- Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 17:37

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 17:37
And a further communication from the manufacturer/supplier:

"The test results I have for the 'skin irritant' from independent group indicated that the product to be Non-irritating OR had a primary irritation score of zero after 1, 24,48 & 72 hours on the test subject."

I can only assume that there was more than one test subject?

Cheers
John
FollowupID: 755015

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 19:18

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 19:18
Thanks John. Much appreciated.
FollowupID: 755023

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 13:43

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 13:43
Hi J & Me,

To add to the above information, the ingredients as listed on the packaging are:

Purified Water, Deloncide, Glycerine, Kathon, Perfume

I have have edited the product description to include this information.

Just let me know if you have any further product enquiries (my apologies for the delay in reply, it was a public holiday here in WA yesterday).
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 479614

Sponsored Links