Benzomatic vs Coleman Gas Cylinders

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 20:07
ThreadID: 92274 Views:6528 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anone know if they're the same cylinder? I was wondering if they were interchangeable. I saw the Benzomatic torch (dunno whether it was the TS 4000 or TS 8000-whatever the dirfference is!) and since I have two Coleman stoves, either the Colenam or Benzomatic could fit those and vise versa with the Benzomatic blowtorch.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MIKE.G - Sunday, Mar 04, 2012 at 08:09

Sunday, Mar 04, 2012 at 08:09
Hi Lozza.
Bernzomatic have two gasses available, Propane and Mapp Gas. Presume you are talking about the Propane but not sure.
There is a clear warning on the Mapp Gas not to use with any stoves, lanterns etc.
Suggest you contact Irwin Tools in Vic who are the owners and distributors of Bernzomatic products for the correct info.

Cheers, Mike.
AnswerID: 479360

Follow Up By: Lozza - NSW - Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 20:04

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 20:04
Ta Mike,
It was mainly to see what flexibility there was between the two. Mainly to see if the Bernzomatic torch would work with Coleman Propane cylinders, since Coleman cylinders seem to be easier to come by. Bernzomatic seem to be obtainable only from hardware shops like Bunnings (where I first saw Bernzomatic) though if I needed a different gas for a different application, the torch works with 3 or 4 different gases from Bernzomatic, according to their website.
FollowupID: 755026

Sponsored Links