LIDO JUNIOR 2 BURNER STOVE

Submitted: Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 19:16
ThreadID: 92465 Views:7311 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
we have one of these stoves installed in our small caravan. Unfortunately even without aqny wind around the small burner blows out on high, but the larger burner does cope relatively well. Firstly does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem. Even when lighting the4 small burner on low u have to rotate around the burner to get it to light. In fact neither burner will light in one touch. Have adjusted the bolt that is in the linejust before the burner itself without any difference. Was going to try and fit an existing portable two burner stove in its place but have been told, that unlike the Lido, my other stove is high pressure and technically not meant to be operated indoors.( they wont supply me any fitings because of this at either the carvan place or the local gas centre

Would appreciate any clues on maybe how to fix this legally myself, if it is in fact just an adjustment.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Allan H (NSW) - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 19:45

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 19:45
Hello Kevmac,

Have put one these cookers into our camper trailer prior to xmas and used in the open for 10 days with wind and without had no issues.

These are low pressure cookers, I would check your regulator/ system, as they will not operate on high pressure.

Cheers Allan
AnswerID: 480190

Reply By: disco driver - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:00

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:00
Kevmac,
When was the last time the gas jets were cleaned?
I had a similar problem with my gas cooktop/oven in my old Viscount so cleaned the jets with soft wire (matching the wire to the jet size) after turning the gas off at the bottle of course This made some difference ,but not as much as I thought it should have.
Not one to give up easily I then disconnected the gas line downstream from the regulator and the gas line from the back of the stove and then blew out the gasline from the stove end using a compressor at 100psi.
A fair bit of crap blew out.
Reconnected everything, using gas tape as required on the connections,) and tried it again............Works much better now.

Disco.

PS this may not be strictly legal but there was no real risk to me or the caravan, I used copper electric cable for the probes.
AnswerID: 480194

Follow Up By: kevmac....(WA) - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:28

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:28
had word to one of my customers(gasfitter) and he tolf me to check the adjustment of the aerator underneth the burner inlet. Lo and behold, with some fiddling etc I now get decent flame out of my small burner. while had it apart i also adjusted aerator for larger burner to get better flame. I s up to the wife now to decide how good the burners are now. At this stage i have at least saved myself minimum fee of $75 for gasfitter to check and prob do same thing. Some gas tape now to properly seal connection to stove.

Why on some sites do they not recommend this stove for caravans, but ok for camper traliers?????? Just wondering......
FollowupID: 756240

Follow Up By: oz doc - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 16:19

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 16:19
Hi Kevmac- I think it is because it doesn't have the gas cutout switch for if the flame blows out. There are actually two types of Lido Junior stofe-one more expensive type which I think is sold for marine/caravan use and the type you and I have in our campers. The more expensive model has an auto gas shutoff to prevent the gas from accumulating in an enclosed area should the flame go out. doc.
FollowupID: 756242

Sponsored Links