Winguard antennas

Submitted: Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:01
ThreadID: 92469 Views:2025 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Over the long weekend we stayed at Middleton Caravan Park (great place by the way) where the winguard antennas were virtually unusable. The problem was overcome by the park supplying a connection to the parks antenna via the power/water point. This was great except when I tried to connect to the feed in (for the first time ever) through the external van connection (as opposed to the roof antenna) it didn't work. After checking all the connectors and cabling with the help of a good friend we isolated the problem in the power amplifier not passing the signal for the outside of the van through to the TV cable. Has anybody experienced this situation, is it a faulty amplifier or is there something I should know that I don't?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:17

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:17
Hi. What sort of van do you have. I have a Jayco Sterling and my cable TV point is on the "Offside" of the van. The one on the awning side is for a second outside TV. Cheers,Bob.
AnswerID: 480197

Follow Up By: PAm &Chris - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:24

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 20:24
Its a Roma with the connection on the offside. Its definitely a feed in
FollowupID: 755681

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:17

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:17
Hi Pam & Chris,
If your van has a Wineguard aerial fitted why would you have an additional 'inlet' on the off side of the van. Can I ask is your van wired for satellite? If so I suspect that point is the 'inlet' for the coax from the satellite dish????
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 480243

Follow Up By: PeterInSa - Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:29

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:29
Our Thru the Wall connection is for the Sat Dish cable or a Caravan park cable to their aerial .

On the inside of the van I connect a cable to the wall connection then to a Sat receiver or the TV

Peter
FollowupID: 755727

Follow Up By: PAm &Chris - Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 20:37

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 20:37
The external TV connection came with the van. In SA there is a lot of areas where the van antennas including the winguard don't work well due to hills etc.. and the majority of transmission waves outside of the capital change form horizontal to vertical, so parks provide a link to their antennas which are raise sufficiently to pick up strong signal. I have put in a sat system but don't carry it often as I have yet to change over to the new vansat(?) system and that was the inlet that I used over the weekend. The reason I was trying to sort the problem is I hate things being on the van that don't work, you never know when you will need them.
The good news is that I now have it working by installing a new amplifier.
Thanks all or the feed back
FollowupID: 755790

Reply By: Patrol GU IV - Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:27

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:27
When you hook up to an external aerial input the amplifier must be turned off.
AnswerID: 480247

Sponsored Links