V8 landcruiser tray back

Submitted: Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 02:43
ThreadID: 92545 Views:4582 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone help me diagnose an issue with my 2007 v8 landcruiser. When cold it starts and idles beautifully , when the revs are increased to about 1200RPM it appears to have a miss and shakes the vehicle. When temp gets to normal running temp everything is normal. Does not blow any smoke at start up so may rule out leaking injector. Not sure if it is an ECU issue with the incomplete or incorrect software upgrade. Appreciate any and all advice.
Regards Danny
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dindy - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 07:26

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 07:26
go to the lcool.org site sign up its free and search there is tons of info there on all types of landcruiser issues.
AnswerID: 480493

Reply By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 08:24

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 08:24
Hi Danny
My 2007 V8 Diesel developed a 'clack clack clack' noise when the engine began load as I let the clutch out. Also after running down a hill then applying the accelerator a puff black smoke. Idling has been rough at times.
I have been using woolworths 'normal diesel' exclusively. Woolworths are changing over to Caltex Vortex at all outlets soon and I happened to fill on the Gold Coast at Labrador two weeks ago with Vortex and No engine noise no smoke and smoother idling.
Stan
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 480499

Follow Up By: Danny C2 - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:13

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:13
G'day Stan, long time no see. Thanks for the reply, trust all is well.
I only use a Vortex or equivalent diesel. As mentioned the problem is only there when it is cold. It sounds like a miss at that rev range but when you hold your hand over the exhaust, it is a continuous air stream and not a pulsating flow that you would expect if it was in fact missing. I suspect that the turbo may have something to play in this as it coincidently occurs at the turbo cut in range.
All the best mate.
Danny
FollowupID: 755972

Follow Up By: Member - Serendipity(WA) - Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:20

Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:20
Stan

Your 200 sounds like an injector is out of balance. The clack, clack clack sound is an injector fueling a split second too early. There is a tolerance that toyota will give but it you get it to a toyota dealership they can test the injectors on the computer and tell if any are outside the acceptable tolerances.

I had one replace by toyota when it got too noisy.

Cheers

Serendipity

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 756047

Reply By: Member - Serendipity(WA) - Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:24

Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:24
Danny

If the motor is behaving that badly you might have an error code come up. If you have a scan gauge it will read the error codes from the onboard computer (OBC) and then you can proceed from there.

There are dozens of sensors all over motors these days and only one of them needs to be faulty to cause a half dozen different symptoms.

If all else seems normal I would bet on an injector. First thing is to buy some injector cleaner from Toyota - (don't buy any other brand or you might find trouble).
Toyota injector cleaner works a wonder - maybe have to run two bottles through to start - one after the other over two fuel tanks.

See how that goes and then proceed with further investigation.

Worked for me.

Serendipity

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 480621

Follow Up By: Danny C2 - Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 14:18

Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 14:18
Serendipity
Appreciate your comments. I used to run an injector cleaner regularly on my old 60 series. Had heard some negative comments about its use so decided to give it a miss. In terms of the anti algae effects it would be a good idea in the long run as well. I will take your advice and give the toyota product a go.These engines are just a tad more complex than the old 2H hey....
Danny
FollowupID: 756066

Sponsored Links