water filter

i am looking at purchasing an in line water filter. i have looked at 'Best' brand ($110 + Del) or Ebay (about $60).

what type do you use and how satisfied with are you with your choice

i could not find any articles about water filters?

thankyou
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lifetime Member-Heather MG NSW - Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 20:22

Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 20:22
Hi mrlocks,

We have been using B.E.S.T. brand in line filters for some years now and i order them online, usually buy a couple at a time.. we connect to our drinking quality water hose when filling the tanks of the van and also when staying in van parks if we aren't sure what the water quality is like.
We haven't had a problem with water quality or or tanks anywhere so far and have travelled widely in all states.
I haven't tried an other filters so can't comment on others.

Regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 481211

Reply By: Member - Julio C (VIC) - Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 20:27

Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 20:27
Hi, I have been using 'Best' inline water filter and I am very happy with it. Ive pumped water out of the murray river into the caravan tanks through the filter and the water comes out crystal clear. I have done the same thing with the ebay cheapys and the result is nowhere near like 'Best'
AnswerID: 481212

Follow Up By: mrlocks - Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 22:14

Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 22:14
thanks, that helps a lot. Best say that their filters can be cleaned by reversing the flow. has anyone tried that? if so was it successful?

thanks again

appreciate your time.
FollowupID: 756599

Follow Up By: Member - Julio C (VIC) - Saturday, Mar 24, 2012 at 13:20

Saturday, Mar 24, 2012 at 13:20
Reversing the flow does clean the filter.
FollowupID: 756626

Reply By: Member - Alastair D (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 24, 2012 at 09:02

Saturday, Mar 24, 2012 at 09:02
I too have used the BEST brand filter for a number of years with no problems. The 1um filter is fine enough to remove most nasties and the silver treatment retards growth whilst wet and not in use.

We used one on an extended 4wd trip through Russia and Central Asia and filtered all our water, sometimes from quite ordinary sources. All good and we do the same when travelling in Aus.

cheers
AnswerID: 481229

Sponsored Links