tyres

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 24, 2012 at 21:16
ThreadID: 92751 Views:1751 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

probably a question that gets asked alot hey
what are silverstone AT 117s like. i have a 4.8 patrol and was wandering what type of tyre would be a good one. i will be doing mostly road driving with a bit off beach and sand track 4wd. just getting into the whole 4wd thing so i am looking for advice from some experienced people

cheers
trev and ness
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NTVRX - Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 08:28

Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 08:28
G'day Trev & Ness, I had Silverstones on my 2003 Pajero for awhile and they served me well. If I am correct they were a copy of the BFG T/A but a hell of a lot cheaper. The actual structure of the tyre was weaker with a soft sidewall where your average American type tyre has a strong side wall. The price was fairley reasonable but at the end of the day you only get what you pay for. On my 98 GU I had B/stones & later on fitted BFG's. The latter IMHO is the best 4WD tyre. The pattern & construction has not changed in the past 20 or so years, so I suppose the old saying "When you are on a good thing stick to it" I have also had Coopers on various vehicles & due to my past vocation I drove different types of 4WD's with many different brands of tyres fitted.....some were v/good & some I was glad to get rid of. My last stint was in sandy areas (Desert country) & drove Patrols,Toyotas, Jackaroo & Pajero all fitted with BFG by the company. I never had any problems. The BFG's were great in all consitions. I have no affiliation with any tyre company. Good luck. Robert
AnswerID: 481310

Reply By: Roughasguts - Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 13:29

Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 13:29
Never had AT's but had two sets of Silverstone tyres from new !on me road cars! Both sets the tyres wen't out of round and thumped all over the place at speed as they were out of balance and out of round.

I won't be buying them again I have Geo landers on me 4x4 I can recomend them for a cheep tyre.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 481343

Sponsored Links