Budget Fridge Question - Evakool Travelmate 45L

Submitted: Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 22:51
ThreadID: 92913 Views:3270 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey everyone.

Long time reader of these forums - first time post/thread. Got some great tips on various topics, so big thanks.

Yep, it's another fridge thread, sorry.

There's not much out there that's recent on the Evakool Travelmate 45 and 60 litre fridges with the Domus compressors, hence the new thread. Or, Google's lying to me.

My trips are usually a week at a time and within close (1-2 hours) of a regional centre, so my cheapy 30L 3-way has done me really well. Hey, 3 years spending a week in The Chase campground at Bathurst on 2Kg cylinder, with cold beer and unspoiled milk for my cuppa? And, I've never had to relight it. But, the time has come.

The big reason for a compressor fridge is Bathurst. After last year we had more revheads than expected camp with us and it will be the same this year. So, need something that will cool quickly. Power is not a problem - got an 80Ah that fell of the back of a truck, and between us there's at least 3000w in two gennies, normally more (don't ask).

Now for the actual question! Any recent experience with the little buggers?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: nowimnumberone - Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 22:55

Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 22:55
we recently bought the 60ltr travelmate.
so far fantastic keeps stuff cold battery seems to last a while
cools down pretty quickly
were happy at half the price
we use ours every weekend and it sits in the car all week with work drinks etc
if you go to the evscool website there pretty cheaap there to
cheers
AnswerID: 481932

Follow Up By: Trev&Ness B - Saturday, Mar 31, 2012 at 10:19

Saturday, Mar 31, 2012 at 10:19
gday
i have a 95 litre evacool, only prob i had was wen i changed the plug over and did it the wrong way. i also got o cuircit breaker on it to replace the anoying fuse set up. the only other thing that is a bit anoying but you soon get over is the tranformer box you get, it makes a slight fan noise all the time, but as long as its away from your head wen you sleep its all good. I have never had a prob with keepin things cold, only frezzing the lettuce witch anoys the missus. over all its been totaly worth the money, i cant justify the amount you pay for the other brands.

catchya
FollowupID: 757245

Sponsored Links