Nissan 6cyl 2.8 TD

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 03, 2004 at 05:14
ThreadID: 9464 Views:1825 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I have a Landrover 110 with a Nissan 2.8 TD 6 cyl engine. I have a problem in that the engine has stopped as if the ignition is turned off. The problem is not fuel supply to the Injector pump as it has a facet electric pump that is normal. It could be a solenoid internally within the injector pump or it could be a broken drive from the crank / camshaft to the injector pump. When the engine is turned over by the starter it does not produce fuel at the injector pipe which has been undone This engine was imported from Japan and I believe is from a Nissan Patrol or similar circa 1986. It has never been in a UK market vehicle hence I am unable to obtain workshop info. I wonder if anyone in the Southern Hemisphere has any knowledge on this engine. I would really appreciate any ideas
Thanks
Tony
Lymington Hampshire
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nav 80 - Saturday, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:50

Saturday, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:50
Gday Tony,, This engine does have an electric solenoid in the injector pump and would be the first thing to check. Have someone turn the ignition on and off and listen for a click at the pump, also check that you are getting power on the wire to the pump when the ignition is turned on. If you are getting power to the pump and no click I would guess that the solenoid is the problem, otherwise you wil have to go deeper and check that the pump is turning and this may require a mechanic to check.
AnswerID: 41637

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Monday, Jan 05, 2004 at 23:57

Monday, Jan 05, 2004 at 23:57
Tony.
THis motor has a rubber timing belt, they often brake, just remove the plastic cover of the front of the motor and inspect. Eric.
AnswerID: 41894

Follow Up By: tony6791 - Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:58

Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:58
Hi again

Thanks for responses. It is in fact the timing belt that has broken. I have obtained a new one from Nissan UK without too much of a problem. I now need the workshop info for setting the timing between the crankshaft and the injector punp which is a Diesel KiKi. If anyone can help with this I would be very grateful. The engine is a TD28 or a turbochatrged LD28.
FollowupID: 304334

Sponsored Links