Mail Re-direction

Submitted: Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 08:20
ThreadID: 95013 Views:1771 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Travellers

The most recent thread for mail re-direction information that I can find is over 18 months old and is probably a bit outdated now. So I want to know which, if any, mail re-direction services members have used and found to be reliable and reasonable value for money. I know they all use Australia Post so we will just have to take our chances there. Unfortunately, I don't think my relatives are reliable enough to send mail to me in a timely manner. I have found a couple of sites (Aussie Mail Man, Portmail Redirect, SOS Mail Solutions) but am looking for some personal recommendations. I have changed most of my correspondence to email but there are some that will no doubt have fallen through the cracks and there is some mail that cannot be emailed. We will be heading off in about 6 weeks for an unlimited amount of time to explore this wonderful country of ours and would appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks in Advance
Snolly
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oz Rover - Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 08:37

Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 08:37
Hi Snolly,

We've been using Landbase Australia for about 10 years now. Jan and her off-siders have proven to be absolutely reliable and ever friendly and helpful when we've needed a particular piece of mailed looked-out-for etc.

Check-out http://www.landbase.com.au/.

Not particularly cheap but, like most things, I suspect you get what you pay for with such services.

No interest in the business - just satisfied customers.
Ian & Annette
AnswerID: 483614

Follow Up By: SNOLLYGHOSSTER - Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 09:29

Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 09:29
HI Oz Rover

Thanks for the link. I have just checked it out and the costs are fairly similar to those other sites that I mentioned. You can't beat personal recommendations.

Thanks
Snolly
FollowupID: 758902

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 08:54

Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 08:54
My parents live OS and all their mail goes to the accountant and they deal with it for them for a small fee. Send any bills on that need payment and sort through the rest of the junk.
AnswerID: 483619

Follow Up By: SNOLLYGHOSSTER - Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 09:31

Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 09:31
Hi Troll 81

I didn't think about my accountant. Thanks for the tip I will call him and see what hea can do.

Regards
Snolly
FollowupID: 758903

Reply By: George_M - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 20:09

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 20:09
You could have a look at Netpost, Snolly.

Netpost link

I don't know much about them, but this seems like a cool idea.

George_M
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 484403

Follow Up By: SNOLLYGHOSSTER - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 19:09

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 19:09
Hi George

Thankyou for the link to Netpost. I have checked out their website and it looks pretty good. I like the option of having everything scanned and set up on line instead of being held and posted when I tell them. I am hopefull that some other members or visitors to Ozexplorer may have a first hand recommendation about Netpost.

Regards
Snolly

FollowupID: 759741

Sponsored Links