Cabin tent 12 x 15 who has one, or had one???

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 25, 2012 at 21:13
ThreadID: 95152 Views:6481 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I am looking at a 12 x 15 cabin tent. We have been looking at the Oztrail and Outdoor connection 12 x 15’s. Can not find any great detail or reviews on them.

Has anyone owned or currently own one of these, or has another brand of 12 x 15 cabin tent in canvas that they would recommend.
I am not interested in a camper as I have the room to carry the large tent.

Thanks
Shane
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wendys - Wednesday, Apr 25, 2012 at 22:18

Wednesday, Apr 25, 2012 at 22:18
We have a canvas tent about that size, made by Australian Canvas Company - Bayswater, Vic. It is a plain rectangle shape, with front awning. Tropical weight canvas. We chose it because it was designed to eliminate many of the faults that the guy had seen as a tent repairer. Things like not having tape ties that wick rain water; having straight zips not curved ones; having only two types of pole - the 3 that support the roof and the 8 that hold up the sides and awning (our previous tent had a zillion different length ones that would only go together one way - real pain). It wasn't cheap but has done brilliant service.
AnswerID: 484230

Follow Up By: AndyMort - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 05:28

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 05:28
Couldnt agree more - Aust Canvas Company have grerat quality tents that will last a lifetime.

We have a freedom one - similar build quality and about twice the price of a chinese import but use good quality heavy duty canvas.
We were stuck in Alice where it rained solid for 5 days - not a drop in the tent.
Not many people make good quality canvas tents anymore - there is more money in making camper trailer tents so you may not have much of a choice.
What are you using it for - if it is only for the odd weekend you may be better with a dome - 1/4 the price and the poles are 1/10 of the size and weight - nowhere near as strong though
cheers
Andy
FollowupID: 759476

Reply By: sweetwill - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 07:21

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 07:21
hello there shane.
There is a cabin tent in the classifieds on this site, no affiliation with the owner I was just looking at it last night cheers Bill.
AnswerID: 484243

Reply By: Madfisher - Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 20:21

Thursday, Apr 26, 2012 at 20:21
We have a 12x 9 oztrail plus the sunroom and love it for extended stays. Only tent that I have owned that has not leaked a drop. We do quite a bit of fishing in the high country and on wet cold days the sunroom is worth its weight in gold, gives you some where to read play cards etc. The combination does take about and hour to put up. Highly recomended.
Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 484315

Sponsored Links