xd9000 replacement parts

Submitted: Friday, May 04, 2012 at 18:07
ThreadID: 95355 Views:4499 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
any body know where i can get the cheapest price on internal parts for my warn xd9000 winch
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Friday, May 04, 2012 at 21:16

Friday, May 04, 2012 at 21:16
Troopy Love - It would help us to know model number, voltage & S/N, as there's a wide range of winch models. Is it a planetary gear model? What specifically do you need? Motor? Motor parts? Clutch parts? Gears? Other parts?

Do you have it apart already? Are you aware that some repairs are recommended to be done only by Warn technicians, for proper overhaul and correct operation? Are you aware that installation of new Warn parts by the owner, and not by a Warn authorised agent, results in the parts warranty becoming void immediately upon installation?

I don't know what your skill levels are, as concerns repair ability, and I just want to make sure that you know what you're about.
Faulty assembly of a winch by someone with limited skills, could result in injury or winch damage.

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 484979

Follow Up By: troopy love - Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 21:34

Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 21:34
hey ron
cheers for your reply.
yes i do have it apart already. pretty basic set up. i have the service manual just in case though so will take your advice and follow it to the letter when i put it back together. the free spool was ceased but everything else still worked so only need a few parts. gonna get the end housing, sliding ring gear, hex shaft, first stage sun gear and a couple of gaskets.
the winch is a 12v warn xd9000 s/n 779456
cheers
FollowupID: 760327

Follow Up By: Ron N - Sunday, May 06, 2012 at 00:25

Sunday, May 06, 2012 at 00:25
O.K., my sources tell me Redding Four Wheel Drive are about as good as you'll get on Warn parts.
The great exchange rate, and no GST on overseas purchases (up to AU$1000) makes buying from the U.S., a dream at present.
Redding ship internationally, and they use USPS, who are a darn sight cheaper than any other freight crowd.

DHL and Fedex will take you to the cleaners on freight costs, with a minimum charge that I believe, is now over $200. USPS "Global Priority " Flat Rate boxes are the best way to go for shipping from the U.S.
Small, heavy parts, are good value, shipped via USPS - particularly if well packed (small parts inside bigger parts).

http://warnserviceparts.com/cexd9000.asp

If you scroll down to the parts page that covers your S/N, and hold your cursor over the part number, you get a description of the part or components that make up that part.
Clicking on the number takes you to the pricing and part description page. From there, you can order online. Redding will quote you on USPS shipping costs, so you know what you'll be up for.

Cheers - Ron.
FollowupID: 760334

Follow Up By: troopy love - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 17:29

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 17:29
cheers for your info and time Ron
very helpful
ill check em out and hopefully have this old girl running like new!
thanks again
FollowupID: 760456

Sponsored Links