Aussie Wide Bunderra Caravan

Submitted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 18:34
ThreadID: 95378 Views:6930 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any opinions - good, bad or indifferent on Aussie Wide Caravans, and in particular the Bunderra model?

Configuration I can assess for myself, but feedback on build quality, support from manufacturer etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan
Regards,
Alan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ChrisVal7 - Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 18:58

Saturday, May 05, 2012 at 18:58
The couple of people we have met with the Aussie Wide Bunderra vans have been very happy indeed. They looked solid and well designed vans. I would be happy to buy one.
Chris
AnswerID: 485066

Reply By: richard cee - Sunday, May 06, 2012 at 23:56

Sunday, May 06, 2012 at 23:56
Hi Alan
From my knowledge regarding the Aussie Wide Paringa I can say they appear well built all round with certain 'extras' as standard. Seem to be dirt road+ capable and have some good features such as suspension and exterior plating. Bunderra is a bit more upmarket, maybe more offroad capable? and can be longer in length.

Build quality I would class as good or above average compared to some vans, manufacturer's support usually good, sometimes required a second contact or email to obtain an answer. Seem genuine in their efforts.

Don't see a lot on the West Coast, don't let that deter any purchase decision as they have fairly standard type fittings as most vans have.

Hope this assists, Richie.
AnswerID: 485175

Reply By: Ron N - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 00:40

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 00:40
I think that anyone considering buying a caravan needs to speak to a professional caravan repairer. That's where the problems that appear, that no-one comes across in the first year of ownership, really show up.
Many Australian manufacturers, including a few of the "top" manufacturers have a lot of serious issues relating to caravan build quality, and manufacturer support.

This following thread is a real eye opener, and speaking to the gent himself, would probably reveal a lot more - including names that he can't reveal on public forums.

It's interesting to see that his reports neatly dovetail with my extensive experience as a contractor who's owned many caravans - in that sealing problems (which cover the sealants used, as well as the actual design) are the greatest single problem with nearly all vans.

http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12286

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 485176

Sponsored Links